Is the Radio Complaint Becoming F1's Version of Diving?

The teams can't have their cake and eat it. On the one hand they say the costs are too high and on the other hand they almost certainly have ten times the number of staff that they would have had thirty years ago. What they generally mean when they say that cost are too high is that not enough income is converted into profit.
Just bring back the tobacco money and all will be right with F1

What's to stop the pit crew sending a text message to the display on the steering wheel?

Good question. Telemetry between the car and pit is one way from the car to the pit. Any electronic signal (excluding the radio comm's) from pit to the car is illegal so that would include text messages or other comm's such as bleeps.

It's going to be interesting to see how well this one is policed but, in principle, I personally think they've got it about right on the radio call content. The key thing is that they have put a lot of car management back into the hands and head of the driver.

I think its a great idea in principle. Drivers having to think a bit more for themselves again....

But I also expect to see longer pit stops as drivers are advised to my mechanics to... ".. press 3R 2L and 6up to correct a downshift problem! Oh and by the way you can gain time in sector 3 under braking at corner 12"

Quick Response Code on the Pitboard. Camera/scanner in the car.

6kavhaM.jpg

(Needs codifying, obviously).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom