Is Martin Whitmarsh in love with Jenson Button?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Many on here have suggested that Martin Whitmarsh appears to gain more pleasure from Button finishing 3rd than he does form a Hamilton win. So here's a chnace for you to get it off your chest, but please keep it all to a very moderate CTA level.

Thank you

:thumbsup:

I heard (somewhere from Inside the McLaren Technology Centre ;)) that the reason Martin Whitmarsh is colour-blind is because of a weekend bender with John Button drinking homemade potato gin and playing "pin the tail on the floozy". Ron stopped Martin's pocket-money for a month after that one...

Buttons a man very much at peace with himself and his career and clearly just that little bit more mature than Hamilton.
Whitmarsh and Button clearly communicate very well and seem to share a similar sense of humor. Don't know how many have noticed but Lewis is pretty strung out at the moment, the exact opposite to Jensen. He appears to have become hard work on and off the track. Not a lot of fun to be around quite often this season I would think.

Buttons a man very much at peace with himself and his career and clearly just that little bit more mature than Hamilton.
Whitmarsh and Button clearly communicate very well and seem to share a similar sense of humor. Don't know how many have noticed but Lewis is pretty strung out at the moment, the exact opposite to Jensen. He appears to have become hard work on and off the track. Not a lot of fun to be around quite often this season I would think.
A sensible post!!! What were you thinking? lol

Is it because he is white?

As we discovered at Spa, Whitmarsh is colourblind.

It must be 'because he's worth it'.
JJ-head-and-shoulders.jpg

The only reason why Button is there is because Whitmarsh was able to get him a lot cheaper than Kimi.

Whitmarsh was all goo goo gaa gaa over Kimi in the Abu Dhabi 2009 build up...He gave Kimi and the Robertsons a 200 page contract at that meeting to look over...and then Button offered himself cheaper without an interest in doing Rallys on the side.

Button isn't very complicated. That's a huge plus.

Hamilton may be faster but he's more "complicated" for a lack of a better word...and he isn't as "patient" in the races, for lack of another word.

"patient" could be a word that applies more to Button than it might to Hamilton. "aggressive" might be a word that applies more to Hamilton than it might to Button...so, perhaps, Whitmarsh likes 'patience' more than he likes 'aggression'? I don't know....I'm merely asking. He's from engineering - as opposed to business development or marketing - so may be he likes a patient/"methodical" driver. Business folk are more "agressive"...kinda like Hamilton.

So this could be a factor. A 'style' thing. I don't know...

...What I do know is that Lewis is Dennis' doing...he's Dennis' project...Button, on the other hand, was signed under Whitmarsh's watch...under the new regime.

I imagine Whitmarsh would be the same why if it were Kimi there as opposed to Button because Kimi/Jenson would have been/was the 1st driver he ever signed as McLaren boss.

I think that's significant.

Back
Top Bottom