Images of the Buddh International Circuit construction

And now the local farmers who lost land are threatening to disrupt the GP

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95049

"We are not against the race, but we feel we have been short-changed in the deal," farmer leader Virender Dhada was quoted as saying.....

In response JP Sports reply:

"People should not be taking these threats seriously. There is so much riding on the race for the company and the country, do you think we will allow a handful of farmers to spoil it?
"We have spent $400 million dollars on the race and we will spend a few millions more if needed to have adequate security in place. We will do whatever it takes to have a wonderful event."

Whatever it takes?

How can you not like this track I think its one of Tilke's best. There's a fair bit on undulations and some fast corner sequences and no tight chicanes.

Since the race is now much closer than 90 days I presume that it passed the FIA inspection. All that was supposed to do was check that the surface of the track had been laid and that all the support buildings and spectator areas were complete and ready both inside and out.

The FIA must have a copy of their report somewhere and I am sure that we would all like to see it.

Back
Top Bottom