Greatest and worst circuits - the results

mjo

Procrastinating
Contributor
The polls have closed, and the results are in and the results are ... not that surprising.
So I'll start with the worst circuits and then move on to the best.

Worst

8th - New Hockenheim (0%)

Joint 6th - Pheonix Street Circuit (2.2%)
- TI Aida (2.2%)

5th - Bahrain International Circuit (4.4%)

Joint 3rd - Yas Marina Circuit (8.9%)
- Circuit de Catalunya (8.9%)

2nd - Las Vegas - (13.3%)

1st - Valencia Street Circuit - (60%)

Best

7th - Old Hockenheim (0%)

Joint 4th - Brands Hatch (4.8%)
- Montreal (4.8%)
- Interlagos (4.8%)

3rd - Suzuka (7.1%)

2nd - Old Nurburgring - (21.4%)

1st - Spa - (57.1%)

what about korea? Have to say im massively impressed by the track S2 and 3 contain some of the best corners ever, especially the penultimate corner 17

I think Valencia was always gonna win hands down. Alot of us hate it on this forum, it just doesn't give us the racing to go with the amazing views.

Also Spa is the greatest ever race track on the calendar and so happy it won :).

Seems a fair result, can't argue with that, also seems to be a waste of money using the street circuit, why can't they use the Valencia permanent track?

I think that the votes were right also, although I have to say I'm surprised that Yas Marina didn't get more votes. It's just a pity that three of the top 5 circuits are still in use by f1 today.

It's very difficult to make objective judgements on these sorts of subjects. Going back to the 1960s, Zeltweg airfield and Le Mans Bugatti would have got all the votes, in no small part due to the contrast with the other circuits in use at the time, which were fantastic. Today, we seemingly are spoiled for choice when it comes to the 'worst' list.

It's very difficult to make objective judgements on these sorts of subjects. Going back to the 1960s, Zeltweg airfield and Le Mans Bugatti would have got all the votes, in no small part due to the contrast with the other circuits in use at the time, which were fantastic. Today, we seemingly are spoiled for choice when it comes to the 'worst' list.
Don't forget Nivelles in the 1970's!

I think that the votes were right also, although I have to say I'm surprised that Yas Marina didn't get more votes. It's just a pity that three of the top 5 circuits are still in use by f1 today.

To be fair, we have yet to see it deliver with the new rules, Valencia was still shockingly :coffee: with the rules, unlike Catalunya which was more :tea: plus, Abu Dhabi has only had 2 races there so far, while Valencia has 4 which have all been :yawn:

Even so it is quite bad, but I think the reasons above is what saves Yas Marina for more votes, and that is the reason why I gave it the benefit of the doubt and gave it to Valencia aswell :)

Back
Top Bottom