Greatest and worst ever circuits

Late entries from Muddy - Maybe it's the era that I remember with rose-tinted glasses, maybe it's that the cars were capable of overtaking and were varied, but I like and miss these

Rio de Janeiro
Mexico
Of the current circuits, Montreal and Spa of course (they've even managed to make the bus-stop a better corner)
Special Mention - I don't remember F1 at Watkins Glen, but it looks a bit of a doozy in NASCAR

These can be erased from my memory
Aida
Jerez
Valencia
Special Mention - Caesars Palace, despite it being the scene of Keke winning his WC and Carlos Reutemann miserably losing his the year before

Surprised that Argentina hasn't had a mention, I really like that track, shame that it was external problems that caused it to be taken off the calendar, raced that circuit to death in Grand Prix 3 :D

Favourite - the old Nurburgring and any circuit with flowing bends and run-off areas that punish the driver for mistakes

Dislike - any circuit that has to paint the walls different colours so that the commentators and viewers can work out what part of the circuit a car is in. Any Tilkedrome even though they usually have one good corner (or sequence of them), it's just that the rest of the circuit is rubbish.

Detroit. The track was a dog.
detroit-street-circuit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom