Poll Gallery - any interest?

Would a gallery be a worthwhile addition to the site?

• Total voters
The Gallery is now open: http://cliptheapex.com/media/

Any registered member can embed videos.

Only Premium Contributors, Valued Members and Staff can currently upload images, with the only limit being a single maximum file size of 10MB.
This is subject to review but I need to monitor how disk usage is affected before opening it up to other members.

The categories can be tweaked as we go, depending on demand.

:D

He seems to be the man of the moment so he gets ID 1.

Thanks chap, I'm hoping it becomes something which will generate content and community.
Media items can be rated, liked, commented on, etc.

User albums will be coming soon so people will be able to upload their own photos and videos to their personal albums.

Are videos links to YouTube or wherever rather than uploading to CTA itself? Is that why videos aren't restricted but pictures are?

A future update will also allow embedding/linking to images, so that will also be made available to everyone.

Of course the problem with that is a lot of sites don't permit hotlinking and in the future the images could break or change, so it's not ideal.
Having said that, YouTube is more or less the same - go back through old threads and a lot of the YouTube videos no longer work.

I should also add that after uploading an image or embedding a video, there is the option of adding some additional text below it.

Just click Add Caption to do so.

add-caption.PNG

You can see how it looks here: http://cliptheapex.com/media/psy-gentleman.1/

Brogan - is there any way of knowing when new media has been added without having to go into the Media section and look through it? It's ok now while there are only a few items there - is there any way to have alerts set up to let you know if something new has been added?

Not sure if it's just my browser but when I go into the images gallery all the writing has disappeared from under the images and has ended up way down the page:dunno:

images gallery.png

Back
Top Bottom