Poll Gallery - any interest?

Would a gallery be a worthwhile addition to the site?

• Total voters
Speshal and Greenlantern101, I'd be interested in hearing why you don't want a gallery installed.

It's more work for you and I can't really see the point in it tbh, would you have a separate gallery for, e.g "car launches" - "funny F1 pics" - "Pics of races" - "members pics" (not pics of member's members) :?

Just my opinion but it seems like an unnecessary add on.

Cheers Speshal.
It wouldn't be any more work once it's installed as it would be a stock install so no editing of templates, etc.

The categories which would be set up can be decided upon; could just have general categories or specific ones, all about motorsport or off topic stuff too.
For example, snowy's incredible macro photos, the funny F1 pictures thread, etc.

I think I'm probably more interested in the video side of it - being able to have categories for specific races/circuit/drivers, etc.

FB you can have whatever music you like while browsing, we can set up a separate category for that :D

I think it's a great idea and given enough prominence it may well help to get existing less active members more involved in the site and attract new ones. On a personal level there's a wealth of great photo's in threads that I'd love to look at again without having to trawl through past threads to find them.

Seems like a nice way of getting all the eggs into one basket and keeping things tidy so in that respect it's a yes from me.

I'm pleased to announce that video embedding will more than likely be available before I get a chance to install this.

Not long after it looks like individual user albums will also be available.

I have an early release of the next version which supports video embedding so I'll be installing it on my local later to check it out :)

:)

gallery.PNG

All things being equal I would personally prefer the home page and the race hub to keep their previous place on the navigation bar rather than introducing the gallery. I think both of them being there helped to present CTA as more than a forum. I do see where you're coming from with the reasons to remove them though.

Well the home page is gone - it can't return now as the forum is in the root, the software doesn't allow for it.
Not to mention, the reason for removing it really was it was rarely updated due to the lack of content.

The Race Hub is still easily accessible from the forum list.

If anything, the Gallery will do more to make the site more than just a forum than a couple of static pages ever would.

You may have noticed the addition of the Media tab in the nav bar.

The gallery add-on has been installed but I am currently setting it all up so it has been temporarily disabled.

I hope to have it done within the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom