Ferrari's Budget Cap Appeal Has Failed

McFerrari

Rookie
So what now for the biggest name in f1? The FIA have today shown they are 100% committed on this £40m cap on the budget. I have to say I am all for it, BUT I am totally against the rule allowing those who spend below the 40m budget are allowed greater "technical freedom" and that's the main cause of friction between the FIA and certain Formula One teams. Mosely has a right to impose a budget cap. Teams like Toyota have spend near to billions in the past few years in trying to provide a championship winning season, and what for? A few podiums? Think of all the ridiculous money wasted. Money, like in most other sports is beginning to strangle the life out of "competition". Look at football. Football is an absolute disgrace now. Thank god, F1's governing body has realised the ever increasing problem of that dirty material called money, and if Ferrari aren't for spending caps, then they know the implications. We can't lose Ferrari, but we can lose the oversized spenditure.

I'm not sure they're 100% committed. A compromise looks the most likely outcome now. The question is whether any budget restriction will still allow the likes of USGPE, Lola and Litespeed ( ) to enter. Somehow I feel we will end up with the same ten teams racing next season.

McFerrari (Thread Title) said:
Ferrari's Budget Cap Appeal Has Failed

Scuderia Ferrari <Teabag Yokel

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That is brilliant!

Seems that Ferrari's bluff has been well and truly called!

Bring on USGPE!

Well it would seem the battle lines have been drawn.
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I'm for a cap of some sort but not a 2 tier championship by any means.

It's all about getting the compromise correct.

GordonMurray said:
I'm not sure they're 100% committed. A compromise looks the most likely outcome now. The question is whether any budget restriction will still allow the likes of USGPE, Lola and Litespeed ( ) to enter. Somehow I feel we will end up with the same ten teams racing next season.

I honestly believe like yourself that a compromise will be reached, in terms of a two tier system being scrapped (hopefully) but still with a budget cap firmly in place and the FIA sticking with £40 million. Any higher will be a severe disappointment. And I still believe that there will be at least one new team on the grid next year. Hopefully Prodrive will be on the grid next year as well.

i think a compromise will be reached with a higher cap. what that means for any new team would be inetresting cos i think they got onboard based on the 40 mil cap. to me, that explains the fighting spirit, especially on max's side. i think he has agreements he cannot keep if the 40 mil cap gets whiped off the table.

bogaTYR said:
i think a compromise will be reached with a higher cap. what that means for any new team would be inetresting cos i think they got onboard based on the 40 mil cap. to me, that explains the fighting spirit, especially on max's side. i think he has agreements he cannot keep if the 40 mil cap gets whiped off the table.

Any higher and it would surely put off Lola. They had to reconsider after it was moved from 30 million to 40 million. Litespeed have got to be joking though. Are they really serious? What on earth is the budget for an f3 team like them?

It will be settled with a £55-60 million budget cap. No two tier championship.

I used the "The Time Machine" method of time travel to see this. :D

WTF is this all about!

Who should be "in charge" of a sport? The racers or the regulators?

And why change the regulations every year? Nonsense! Smacks of a desire for omnipotence to me - who could be accused of that, I wonder?

I seem to remember reading that a good F3 team will cost you £0.5m a season (as a driver) so a total team budget of around £1.5m is probably not far off the mark (sponsorship is a very small amount at that level). So I think Litespeed are optimistic at best - although they are intending to work in partnership with Mike Gascoyne - http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/5/9355.html.

If Bernie has to choose between Ferrari, and the ten new teams, he'll choose Ferrari every time. So that will probably force Max's hand - though there will probably be negotiated some crumbs of comfort to make it easier for new teams to come in in 2011/2012.

So when do teams have to enter by? Wasn't it by the 29th or something? Doesn't leave much time to sort things out... :unsure:

GordonMurray said:
I seem to remember reading that a good F3 team will cost you £0.5m a season (as a driver) so a total team budget of around £1.5m is probably not far off the mark (sponsorship is a very small amount at that level). So I think Litespeed are optimistic at best - although they are intending to work in partnership with Mike Gascoyne - http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/5/9355.html.

If Bernie has to choose between Ferrari, and the ten new teams, he'll choose Ferrari every time. So that will probably force Max's hand - though there will probably be negotiated some crumbs of comfort to make it easier for new teams to come in in 2011/2012.

Read that earlier about Gascoyne, even with his experience they'll struggle badly. Unbelievable. One moment Gascoyne is linked with a job at Ferrari, the next he's working with Litespeed.

Back
Top Bottom