Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

Massa's crash was due to a car failure.

Although the crash was almost identical to Massa's accident at the same corner in Saturday morning practice, which was put down to a driver error, Ferrari technical chief Pat Fry underlined that this time the car was to blame.

"Today's accident looked very similar to what happened in the third free practice session, but in fact the two incidents are very different," said Fry.

"Unlike yesterday, it seems that today's incident can be attributed to a problem on the left front corner of the car.

"It's too early to say precisely what happened and in the next few days, we will try and ascertain the exact cause back in Maranello."

In fairness to Felipe something about the Ferrari's handling never looked quite right this week-end. Even during the race the rear-end looked very unstable,with Alonso seemingly always in opposite lock coming out of Anthony Nogues.

Indeed. The handling looked very odd in the in car shots Ant Davidson scrolled through in his "Sky Pod" piece. The right front wheel didn't seem to be steering consistently with the left front almost as if there was something wrong with the steering geometry. I'd really like to see that again and replay it a few times. Anyone got a clip?

Felipe is such a nice bloke....someone once said, (prob MB) 'he's the sort of person, you wouldn't mind sitting next to, on long-haul flight'... (not verbatim)
The first time he crashed (in FP3) at Monaco was awful, but to hear it wasn't his car...is always worrying,. But when he went into to the same wall, in the race....I felt so sorry for him & it obviously wasn't driver error.
So from the above options.....re new car
I hope it's better than the last one
I wheely hope he has a good week-end

Felipe looked pretty fiesty race wise in Canada with some good overtakes. Can't help but be a bit worried about him in F1 terms because when I saw him get out of the car after the race crash in Monaco and he was sitting there with the marshalls his face seemed to say "Is this worth it anymore?"

I hope I'm wrong but I wonder if like Hakkenien did before him Massa might have just had one accident too many and think its time to go spend time with his little lad instead. No shame in that by the way.

Another excellent drive from Massa. He had an absolutely brilliant start (start of the year?) and was cracking on quite well. Then came the blowout putting him into last position. From then on he was a bit out of sync with the tyre stops but came in with a more than respectable sixth after qualifying eleventh.

People keep telling me Sauber won't exist next year.

How about doing any Alesi and going to the Enstone team?

Or a Trulli and Caterham?

Hmmm. I'd like to see him get a drive at Williams. Think him and Bottas might be a good combination to push them back midfield.

Massa at another team will go one of two ways. Either the pressure will be off and he'll start flying again or he'll go a bit Albereto.

Back
Top Bottom