F1 TV Coverage 2015

A Day Pass for 6.99?? :o That's boxing subscription prices - overpriced and a complete con. Thank goodness NBC has F1 over here, because back when F1 was on Fox, I would have had to not watch at all.

Sky certainly know how to make money. I'm assuming that it's available as per usual on Sky HD ?

For the casual F1 fan who doesn't have sky it's not that bad a deal really. Half the races are on BBC so if they only need to watch one race now and again that's on at a decent time paying £6.99 once a month is a lot less than what we pay for F1 all year round.

Also anyone watching the sky coverage will see the difference compared to the BBC and I'm sure sky will get more subscribers from it.

As much as we hate having to pay for our F1, the more people who do is better for the sport as Sky will continue to make the effort to keep the program going.

I don't think there's any worries in that department. The pay per view genie is out of the bottle. Come next year when the new deal gets negotiated it will be all on Sky with a highlights package on the BBC (if the BBC bother to bid at all that is). One of the terrestrial networks will be offered a highlights package I'm certain of that.

Like I said before, what with anything that is worth watching going pay per view the bbc will find it harder and harder to justify the licence fee unless of course you are into period costume dramas, The Voice and antiques programmes 24/7 plus a bit of so called news...

Now TV is owned by Sky and it's been around for a few years. You pay £7 for a day or £11 for a week and get all the Sky Sports channels (so you can watch a football match or two as well as the F1, or whatever other sport you're interested in). I use it occasionally if there's a big football match I want to watch. The price is steep if you were going to use it every week but pretty reasonable for the odd occasion I think.

Eddie is really annoying me now. The BBC commentators were so slow responding to on-track action they seemed half asleep , particularly towards the start of the race.

The NBC commentators are usually pretty good, and they've got nice voices to listen to, to boot. The NBC team are pretty knowledgeable too, and it makes me laugh when they're making the same "weu-uuhh" noises my dad does when someone gets it sideways. Not much, if any, confusion for this race, though some of the cuts to picture-in-picture commercials were poorly chosen.

Off topic but I enjoy coverage of US motor sport when British companies take the feed from NBC, CBS etc. as you get long periods without commentary as the US stations are on an Ad break. I struggle to understand how American viewers can keep up with a sport such as motor racing when you only get to see about 50% of the race.

I always loved that too, especially for Champ Car - those cars sounded nice. I think in the UK, we kind of got spoiled by the ad-free BBC having most of the motorsports for a long time. Unfortunately, everything over here is about pursuit of little pieces of green paper, and PBS, the American version of the BBC, just doesn't have the financial clout to get big sporting events. I don't like missing so much of the race, but, on the other hand, since there's a commercial break, it's often a good time to zip off to the bathroom, or go refresh your drink.

Sky don't show adverts during the race. They just squeeze a load in before and after. Maybe they could try that in the US.

I think its a culture thing to be honest. Most of America's top sports have suitable breaks in play to mean its quite easy for them to put ad-breaks in. Its not like they play ads over actual game play time in Ice Hockey and the like. Most of the top sports in the US don't have longer than 20mins continuous game time.

Europe has had to deal with it more due to its love of Football, Rugby and all.

Ted's notebook is truly awful..

Second that motion.

I watched Ted's testing notebook and came away from it with the urge to smack him in the chops. He comes across as a right arrogant git. As far as I'm concerned he can shove that notebook where the sun doesn't shine. I know a lot of people don't like most of the BBC's coverage but their post race F1 Forum is usually way more informative than Ted's notebook.

Back
Top Bottom