F1 TV Coverage 2015

I seem to remember Australia did once start at 5am before they buggered around with the start times. I remember in 94 staying up half the night to watch Damon attempt to win the world title from Schui.

The first year Oz had a GP (1985) I had to make the choice between staying up until 2 a.m. or going to bde and getting back up again in the middle of the night so 5 a.m. is nothing ya bunch ah wimps!.

I had a feeling it was always on the middle of the night because as I said, I remember staying up to watch the 94 GP.

I do remember coming home from the night club as a youth with my 2 pals and staying up to watch a race where we cheered on Damon. Could easily of been 94.
I remember it well because my pal did an amazing projectile vomiting all over the inside of my front door, and hall carpet, and stair case, and phone table.....

He did clean it up all credit to him.

Across the big pond you guys are really lucky to have 2 channels to watch F1, and not just one channel NBCSports, which seem to have commercial interruptions every 5 minutes. I mean you can really become enraged >:( by those constant advertisng breaks. The only saving grace for me on a race weekend is my computer, in which I can also watch Sky's race report along with NBCSports coverage.I only wish that I could get all of the program's that Sky offers to it's viewers over a Grand Prix weekend.

I like Will Buxton, but when he conducts an interview during Q3, with 2 drivers who were trying to explain why they didn't get out of Q1......I wanted to hit him with a brick. I know that he may have conducted the interview at the behest of some ****ing producer or director, but still he could have suggested to them, and conduct that type of interview after the conclusion of Q3.

Thank goodness I don't have to pay for an expanded TV package for full F1 coverage. Except for the bloody commercials, I love NBC's coverage of F1, it's very good. I like the picture in picture commercial breaks though, that's a compromise I can live with.

I am lucky enough to have live coverage ( but with adverts) of all races from RTL in Germany. I usually listen to Radio 5 live at the same time but there is an annoying timelag.... I'll be moving back to the UK later this year and I can't justify paying for sky just so I can watch 9 more races...

Saw that Sky have paid over £4bn for Premier leauge football - an increase of around 80% - I wonder if this will mean subscription prices go up?

They changed that last year. When I moved and resubscribed to sky I had to take sports as well as HD to get F1. If they have changed it again I will be phoning them to express my dissatisfaction

Not if you already have it as part of your HD package.

Update on September 5th – I have today received the following e-mail from Sky: “We have seen a small number of calls come into the estate looking for clarification on the availability of the Sky Sports F1 HD channel. Over the weekend various social media sites and forums were circulating rumours regarding legacy HD subscribers losing access to the popular sports channel. Although new subscribers must take Sky Sports to access the channel anybody that subscribed to HD prior to the launch of EE+ still continues to access the channel unless they decrease their HD package.”

The statement continued: “For clarity there is no plans to change this and Legacy HD subscribers will continue to receive this perk providing they don’t apply a cancellation to the HD mix.”

https://f1broadcasting.wordpress.co...nnel-from-old-hd-pack-subscribers-this-month/

My Sky subscription just ran out, so they have offered me a deal. £10 per month CHEAPER for a whole year. Of course I said yes.
But now I'm worried, what's the catch.?

Sky have done a deal with NOW TV a tv streaming service, so everyone can watch Sky F1 channel if they are willing to pay and have a decent internet connection. No subscription required.

Viewers can watch live on TV with Dolby 5.1 surround sound, via Sky Go or using Race Control accessed via the red button, or the Sky Sports App for iPad. Non-subscribers can also follow the 2015 F1 season without a contract through online TV streaming service NOW TV by purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99

Last paragraph.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...17s-ultimate-2015-circuit-ahead-of-new-season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom