F1 Agree/Disagree

Disagree. I have no good reason to think they will be, although I do hope so as it would be great for the sport, and I even more hope they are if they keep Jenson Button. That would be great karma as Jenson definitely deserves to keep his seat. Also he's one of my favorites, all around great guy.

Ferrari will win a championship in the next five years.

Agree. At some point they'll find someone who can put all that money to good use. Or sneak one with Alonso when others fall apart 2012 style.

Sebastian Vettel will beat Prost's win total.

Agree - He has the time and the ability. So long as he can get the car under him to his liking there is no reason why he can't go on to beat Prost's total.

Michael Andretti will enter F1 with a team.

Disagree. He's commited himself to Formula E and F1 is so much more expensive to enter with no real short term prospect of success.

Lewis Hamilton will one day return to Mclaren.

Disagree - It is a fantastic circuit and F1 is popular in Japan but as Honda will once become a big player in the sport Suzuka will always be where Japanese interests lie.

Hamilton will become the 1st British multiple WDC since Stewart

Agreed because I can't think why he shouldn't be.

If Jenson stays at McLaren next year even though it is obvious that Ron doesn't want him there and yet by some weird twist of fate Jenson wins the WDC Ron will be telling anyone and everyone how hard he worked to keep Jenson on board and it was all his idea to re-sign him...

Last edited:
Disagree, he's not leaving if the grass looks brown on the other side.

Nick Heidfeld will maintain the podiums without a win record at the end of this decade.

Disagree - it was only that idiot Nico Prost who prevented Heidfeld from winning in Beijing, and with the cars being so evenly matched, I can see his considerable F1 experience shining through.

A team other than Mercedes or Red Bull will win a race this year.

Disagree, it will take a monumental series of problems for anyone other than a Merc or a Red Bull to win. There aren't any more tracks as demanding as Singapore left to go, so it's Merc all the way with RBR on standby to pick up the scraps. Ferrari just aren't in the game at the moment.

At the end of the season a compromise will be reached with the teams that will see the radio messages ban quietly forgotten

Agree - they'll just stick an iPhone in every cockpit and tweet the driver's instructions to them, probably.

Michelin will return as a tyre supplier once the Le Mans-style low-profile tyres are adopted

Agree - Pirelli aren't going to put up with the criticism for meeting their design brief for too long; never got the feeling Michelin really wanted to leave.

The Red Bull of 2013 was more complete car than the current Mercedes; the difference in drivers has changed perceptions.

Agree - It was the product of 4 years of fairly stable regulations. This years Merc is the 1st of a new breed of machine.

Max Verstappens little sister could be the next female face in F1

Back
Top Bottom