Gaming F1 2010 Online League

PS: turned off all the braking assists and found I get around 5+ seconds on my first flying lap to take me to 2:06 odd and about P17, vast improvement on the P24 mandatory.

Sakhir is freakin' hard, way to bumpy, sector 2 is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Told yah ;)

Yeah sector 2 is a nightmare, but I take a weird line in, sometimes you can just carry the speed through a few of the corners where the braking line tells you to brake

I just gotta practise the braking a bit, some are heavy others are tappers, but you can get power way earlier than the assisted option.

The AI tweak mod makes it interesting you can allocate according to driver ie: Alonso is less likely to mess up than Bruno Senna, the computer has way to much of a perfect line, hardly ever stray.

I think multiplayer must be awesome, humans are not as perfect so it makes things more interesting if of course you stick to your level of competitor.

Dunno about you Yorkie but that was awful, greasy track, hardly any grip, I was on to get a faster time than you at the death as well but I locked up going into the last corner and went wide.

Sly, you shoul join arl, it is really good.

I should but I can't be bothered doing all these little races, then waiting as a reserve driver...seems like too much hassle for me.

I shall give it a look when I have some spare time...

It's worth it, me and Yorkie had a great scrap in the last few laps, Ok it might have ended in disaster, but it was so much better than the usual online stuff on the servers.

It was a good race, got a season best 4th so I'm happy with that. It's a lot cleaner than the usual online racing but you have to wary when overtaking.

The xbox league format will be changing for F1 2011 so it will be a lot easier to get yourself in a league. Get yourself registered and join in with the social racing side and you will be able to get yourself higher up in the queue for the new game.

would they be interconnecting the multiplayer online for all platforms soon, so regardless of the system used you can play online?

This bloke is a beast, apex to apex near perfecto, me on the other hand am all over the place.

I have another neewb question, In Bahrain and Malaysia of early tracks, they have threshold markers inside certain apex's (long pole like markers), I have noticed before I took off the Environmental and Accident effects option in the edit.ini folder, these markers were hitable if you are like me and got way to much sudden oversteer trying to catch the apex, now they appear to be solid things they you hit and the car gets brokeded.

I just want to know if they are solid things or whether they are supposed to give when you hit them (by accident of course).

I tweak the settings a bit to compensate for an older machine, the specs say Core2 Duo E8000 gen, which is bull crap.

My machine now is 8 years old and run it on;

Intel D 945 extreme (3.4 ghz, 2 cores, 2 Hyperthreads, 4mb level 2 cache)
4 gb Corsair HD blue ddr 2 800 Dual channel gaming ram
8800 GTX OC.
Resolution 1260 / 768
MSAA x 2
Most settings are a combination of High and Medium settings, but I turn off crowd, shadows and artificial shadow masks.
I get around 22-24 fps, they say that you should be hitting 34+ on a recomended pc.

For me that race was rather quiet for 20 laps, once I had got to fifth I was around 10 seconds behind fourth and 10 seconds ahead of sixth, If it wasn't for a high speed spin (somehow missing the wall) it would have been safe fourth place, what I found was Yorkie, I was generally faster than you in the first sector, we were even in the middle sector, and you were quicker in the final sector. I just knew I would end up battling you for track position on track ;)

The third sector is full throttle from the hairpin until just before the final turn, the racing line suggests that you lift off or brake but once I was low on fuel there was no need to slow down. Just been sorting out some of the fall out from one of 1st lap crashes.

I don't feel so neewb anymore, getting better grip of the controls and general handling and setups.

I have now only got the Line indicators into corners on and Low assist on traction control as I find myself spinning a lot on off, I have moved up to expert difficulty AI (modded)

PS: pre-ordered the 2011 game, with all the discounts for such......looking like 2 months or so before official release out here.

Yorkie, were you behind me on lap 28, or were you ahead, because if you were behind you would have been in the best place to see what (or didnt) happen between me and legocrazy, because I don't recall tagging him at turn 17

Yorkie, were you behind me on lap 28, or were you ahead, because if you were behind you would have been in the best place to see what (or didnt) happen between me and legocrazy, because I don't recall tagging him at turn 17

I was too far back at that point after I ran wide at the final corner. I didn't catch upto you until you were both off track. If you were close to him then the lag may have caused you to collide even if you thought you had plenty of space between yourselves. It was the same with the contact we had, I was clear of you but it still caused your car to spin.

My PS3 was trying to download a few things from the store at the same time, I think that's what was causing the slow down.

2 races. 2 fifth places. not too shabby, especially when you have the league leader all over you in the last few laps. If it wasn't for this thread I would never have found ARL and it has been bloody brilliant so far, so cheers for that Yorkie :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom