Poll DRS - Your opinions on it now

Do you like DRS now?

• Total voters
For starters the use of DRS should be banned when overtaking lapped cars as it is not for a position change which DRS was bought in for. Also maybe DRS should be only used a certain amount during the race, maybe 10 times for instance, so it becomes more of a strategy to use it, instead of just opening the damn thing for the sake of it.

I am for DRS, but it shouldn't be allowed to re-overtake a passing car immediately. Like with Massa and Raikkonen in India last year.

Some interesting discussion on DRS in commentary of second practice. The opinion within F1 is that it is much better to have it than not to as it avoids the Trulli train and allows for racing but that further room for improvement exists. Two areas for improvement touted are in the cases of backmarkers being able to use it after having been overtaken by a front-runner and drivers overtaking before a DRS zone and then using DRS to pull away.

Prime example today of why I can live with some straightforward passes in China if it leads to action like this in Bahrain and other circuits.

Good battling all race in large part to the Drag Reduction System.

The cars do seem to be able to run quite close in the corners now, though. A lot of the overtakes were dicing through the corners. Sure, DRS allowed chasing cars to catch up lost ground but hard to tell just how much. Having more ERS allowance might be just as good an option.

A lot of good racing today up the hill between turns 3 and 4 which only emphasis the point, to me, that it's not DRS F1 needs but proper tracks which have proper multiple overtaking places, and not just 1 or 2 corners out of 15 where it's possible. Build tracks whose layout encourages overtaking and DRS won't be needed.

A lot of good racing today up the hill between turns 3 and 4 which only emphasis the point, to me, that it's not DRS F1 needs but proper tracks which have proper multiple overtaking places, and not just 1 or 2 corners out of 15 where it's possible. Build tracks whose layout encourages overtaking and DRS won't be needed.
I watched the repeat of Bahrain 2009 earlier this week. It was a total borefest. Today, same track, a completely different experience. I dont think I have ever seen so much wheel to wheel racing in 30 years watching F1.

Whether that was tyres, DRS or ERS I don't know but the combination was incredible.

The track is part of the puzzle, but the same track in 2009 saw 15 overtakes. You said build the tracks and drs won't be needed but 2009 vs 2013 says to me that you need drs, Kers and Pirelli tyres as well.

Back
Top Bottom