Driver Salaries 2013

Greenman

Rookie
An interesting set of numbers on Crash.net yesterday and the most surprising thing for me is how little a driver outside the top 8 earns, I assumed the minimum would be nearer €1M. Based on 2013 results so far I'd say that Wiliams drivers are overpaid and Lotus underpaid although reading the arcticle this doesn't include bonuses which may be substantial in Kimi's case. And Jenson's definitely a lucky boy!

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/191002/1/f1_2013_driver_salaries_published__but_who_earns_most.html

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €20m
= Lewis Hamilton Mercedes €20m
3. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m
4. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €12m
5. Nico Rosberg Mercedes €11m
6. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing €10m
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari €6m
8. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus F1 Team €3m
9. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes €1.5m
10. Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €1m
= Pastor Maldonado Williams €1m
= Nico Hulkenberg Sauber €1m
13. Valtteri Bottas Williams €600,000
14. Jules Bianchi Marussia €500,000
= Adrian Sutil Force India F1 €500,000
16. Paul di Resta Force India F1 €400,000
= Daniel Ricciardo Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000
= Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000
19. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber €200,000
20. Charles Pic Caterham €150,000
= Giedo van der Garde Caterham €150,000
= Max Chilton Marussia €150,000

As Greenman says it doesn't include bonuses, nor does it included additional sponsorship details. I imagine Vettel's income is substantially increased by them.

Force India drivers don't get paid that much compared to the rest, in saying that, I would be happy with £400,000 salary, another surprising that di Resta gets paid less than Sutil despite being with the team for 3 years now.

Expected Perez to be quite low, as he's probably had a 700% increase.

As for Webber, £10 million for doing an average job, he's raking it in with his performances.

I don't see how Button can merit 10 times as much as Perez!! Nor does Hamilton seem to be dominating Rosberg enough to be worth twice as much, IMO. And Kimi would appear to be the bargain of the century!

I guess another factor is where people are in the contract term - I can't see Seb and Kimi renewing at those levels (relatively) after recent performances. I also can't see Jensen staying that far up without a change in fortune.

At the contract start points I guess this kinda makes sense - as long as you support the concept of up to €1m per race... which I don't have a problem with.

Rumour has it that Kimi is signed for Red Bull next year.

McLaren has saved a tidy sum by employing Perez so why don't they spend that money on developing the bloody car...?

How can we be sure how accurate these figures are? I don't believe the true sums are in the public domain....

I don't see how Button can merit 10 times as much as Perez!! Nor does Hamilton seem to be dominating Rosberg enough to be worth twice as much, IMO. And Kimi would appear to be the bargain of the century!
Because Button and Hamilton have won the WDC and that brings in sponsorship for the team and Perez and Rosberg haven't..

Kimi is a returnee to F1 and would have needed to accept a lower salary to get a seat....

Indeed.

But I think people want it to happen a bit too much, that they'll just keep pushing for it in the media. The majority of interviews that Raikkonen & Vettel are in, the questions always asked.

Reminds me of the Raikkonen to McLaren rumours in late 2009.

I bet they all do. Do Marlboro still pick up the Ferrari driver salaries?

Back
Top Bottom