Could Canada be Red Bulls last hurrah?

There is no doubt that McLaren and Ferrari are catching them on race pace. If Red Bull lose their qualifying advantage through this ban then you could easily see them being demoted to the third fastest team.

In the event of this, Vettel may come unstuck as it is a completely different pressure having to come from 5th or 6th for a win, rather than starting on pole and being able to control the pace - just ask Lewis Hamilton.

Ok - they probably don't use it all that much during races (probably towards the end when Vettel has Lewis up his trumpet and they've got a bit of extra fuel to burn), but if they're no longer qualifying at the front

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92341

My sentiments exactly, if young Seb is no longer starting in front and has no superboost 'fend Lewis off' trump card
We will see what happened with Jenson on the last lap regularly

I have heard all this about "Race Pace" etc etc but really have McLaren and Ferrari really gotten anywhere near red bull, Massa and Alonso looked as quick as the wheels would allow the car to go, but Vettel smacked thim with a 1:13 flat and by 2/10ths, bar a mistake due to weather/tyre conditions Red Bull pwnd McLaren at their home turf.

I have heard all this about "Race Pace" etc etc but really have McLaren and Ferrari really gotten anywhere near red bull, Massa and Alonso looked as quick as the wheels would allow the car to go, but Vettel smacked thim with a 1:13 flat and by 2/10ths, bar a mistake due to weather/tyre conditions Red Bull pwnd McLaren at their home turf.

I don't think thats fair at all on McLaren's part. Remember, they qualified on a wet setup (so quali is irrelevant). After the penultimate Safety Car, JB was 10 seconds behind Liuzzi and he caught Webber in 17 laps. At the final SC he was a little behind Webber due to the Virgins and he caught Vettel in 10 laps.

That seems like race pace to me! That seems like astonishing race pace to me!

I don't think thats fair at all on McLaren's part. Remember, they qualified on a wet setup (so quali is irrelevant). After the penultimate Safety Car, JB was 10 seconds behind Liuzzi and he caught Webber in 17 laps. At the final SC he was a little behind Webber due to the Virgins and he caught Vettel in 10 laps.

That seems like race pace to me! That seems like astonishing race pace to me!

Granted, but in every other race the pace is down to that of RBR, essentially before the weekend people said Montreal is McLaren's place to really claw back against RBR, they achieved 25pts while RBR walked out with around 40 odd so whichever way you look at it, they feel in good shape.

We also cannot expect rain and miracle spins every single race(rubs magic beans) so that said I really think that McLaren are yeah sort of there and Ferrari are kind of making a so-so comeback, but only a stupid person will bet against a RBR CWC and Vettel winning the WDC, with Mark possibly finishing 2nd.

We also cannot expect rain and miracle spins every single race(rubs magic beans) so that said I really think that McLaren are yeah sort of there and Ferrari are kind of making a so-so comeback, but only a stupid person will bet against a RBR CWC and Vettel winning the WDC, with Mark possibly finishing 2nd.

Firstly, lets see the effect of the EBD ban before anything else!

Granted, but in every other race the pace is down to that of RBR, essentially before the weekend people said Montreal is McLaren's place to really claw back against RBR, they achieved 25pts while RBR walked out with around 40 odd so whichever way you look at it, they feel in good shape.

They only achieved 25 points because one of their cars was lying broken on the roadside before 10 laps had passed, not because of any pace problems.

Firstly, lets see the effect of the EBD ban before anything else!

They only achieved 25 points because one of their cars was lying broken on the roadside before 10 laps had passed, not because of any pace problems.

1] Agree I will assess it after this EBD stuff is banned, but I still don't think we should expect that they will go from RBR to a Force India because of that.

2] I accept that but the pressure was on McLaren to do something this race, they pre-empted the weather so the car was on the better race set up, taking out your team mate(s) is a cardinal sin, it doesn't change the fact that they helped RBR to what will largely be seen as a good weekend.

If you offered RBR 2nd and 3rd and nearly 1st and 3rd for the weekend they would have taken your hand off.

Back
Top Bottom