20211010_195234.jpg
20211010_134030.jpg
20211010_195027.jpg
20211010_195053.jpg
received_388273046115828.jpeg
20211010_162905.jpg
20211010_190137.jpg

Last edited:
very much Brogan i always enjoy BTCC & ive said many times how good the series is always competive. anyone can win a race or challenge for a championship. i think we had 10 challengers by rd7. arguably Bigger than WTCC

it what Formula e aim to be but whereas they punish success too harshly making almost impossible for best drivers to be the best as we found out when nick de vries was distraught because he was leading the championship going into the finale. this yeah they are disadvantaged but you can still get a decent result with full ballast. as shedden proved in race 2 & cream can rise to the top. also 2019 title decider best race of 2019 in any catagory for me

finally got a bit of time to talk about off track at Donington

ill start with a a funny moment, because we entered the room at 10-10.30am & always a great bunch of people. thought we had a tom ingram fan in our box because he had the coat & the hat. i thought nothing of it. just like you would see people in norris russell Vettel Hamilton etc gear. then i had noticed he had been gone a while. didnt think of it because people come & go. as there is alot to explore. so cut to 3pm ish after tom Ingram has just won race 2 after a outstanding drive from 11th. he pulls up in pitlane, celebrating with his crew. & then something happened & i realised i recognise that guy Tom Ingram is hugging

turns out It was tom ingram's dad, thank god i like tom ingram & didnt accidently land myself in itLOL
20211013_135844.jpg

Last edited:
i always think that if you can afford to treat yourself going into the box on the start straight seems pricey at start but worth it. the food is fantastic. love the lemon/passionfruit tarts. but general admission is £30 but it soon adds up as if you add up what is included for free in £129 package & your looking at £80-85. as coffee is 3.50, programme £7, Race Radio £8, Dinner £12.50. then you have the things you cant put a price on,
  • a great view of turn 1 & big TV screen to follow the race
  • proper toilets,
  • heated room for when it cold. (which it does in the wind at donington),
  • no baggage where you'd have to lug your camping chairs with you if wanted to explore.
  • closer to the paddock to get to watch the podiums
  • & id estimate being in the hospitality car park we managed to save a hour of queuing on entrance & exit

also on the leaving a huge praise to Donington park admin side in a big change from 2019. it was a rare situation of a thought through plan of how to get tens of thousands of away from the venue quickly & reduce queuing time. because in 2019 everyone from 3 carparks all funneled into 1 lane & as you can imagine carnage. the journey was 2 hours long 1 hour was in a 2 mile queue. the other hour was traveling from queue end to Sheffield. this year they closed the road & made it temporarily 1 way 2 lane road it was fantastic for us the same part of the journey took 10-15 mins. (although with the caveat that we were in hospitality carpark, so i cant talk about the general admission carpark which did seem long)

as always im very much looking forward to the BTCC starting FB dont know if F1 early BTCC late or bit of both. feels weird that for 1st time since 2003 we will be beginning a season without jason plato.

but for me 1 of the best parts of BTCC as well fully free to air tv which brings the media attention that unless your football. every sport in the uk needs. you can go in most season & say that the title cpuld be between 6-8 drivers & some years 10 drivers. its so close together. no exepection this year. you have defending champ Tom Ingram. then chasing Ashley Sutton, Colin Turkington, Jake Hill, Rory Butcher & Dan Cammish then the dark horses you cant rule out Josh Cook always consistency & in the top 5, Adam Morgan a brilliant driver in independent machinery has his shot at the Major team in BMW & George Gamble a talented youngester who is moving to a manufacturer that expects to be challenging for the championship

not sure if anyone has been watching this season. but im finding BTCC abit dull this season doesnt feel like i remember bit similar to F1 very impressive individual performances, ashley sutton might be 1 of best closed cockpit drivers in the world. his talent is incredible. but the using hybrid as BOP instead of the weight has just made it predictable it doesn't affect the order like it used to, as nobody uses it to overtake they just use it on the final 2 laps when the race is over

a NAPA car has taken every pole this season, Ashley Sutton has taken the last 3 despite have the least hybrid of anyone. only once in 12 races has the BMW/NAPA domination being broken that was by the reigning champion tom ingram in reverse grid race

Thruxton was the most boring meeting i might have seen in 20+ years ive watched it, you only have to look at the last 3 rounds only 2 people have ever won 3 rounds in a day plato in 2003 & eaves in 2009. Sutton & Hill have both come extremely close to winning 3 rounds in a day in last 6 weeks. Because if you win race 1 your pretty much nailed on for race 2 barring a mistake

the championship finished on sunday at brands Hatch indy as is tradition. ashley sutton won the championship in the 1st race of the finale & although tom Ingram & jake hill had outside chance at the title as much as i like them really lovely drivers absoulte role models for the sport. it wouldve been a huge injustice & nearly daylight robbery if anyone else had claimed the title

Ashley Sutton i believe is the best touring car driver in the world, i don't think there is a touring car driver outside of the BTCC & around the world that can touch him. he is so consistent so quick & feels like you can put him in any car & he would be quick. he was so good this season. he couldnt say im going to try to improve because that almost impossible

this season.
  • he won from 23rd on the grid,
  • he scored record amount of points
  • broke the record for the most wins in season in 12 (since it was 3 races in a day)
  • tied the record for the most poles in a season,
  • he had 20 podiums,
  • has now won a championship in front & rear wheel drive car
  • on a par with Andy rouse & Colin turkington as the only others to win 4 championships (in 3 different teams Subaru, Infiniti, & Ford)
  • the only record Ashley Sutton didnt break was winning all 3 races in a day
at 29 yrs old. he looks almost certain to make history at some point & be 1st person in BTCC history to win 5 titles. not only be a legend of BTCC but likely be the greatest ever

Back
Top Bottom