BTCC BTCC 2010 Calendar

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Unlike F1, BTCC has no problems in publishing the 2010 calendar less than a week after the last race of the 2009 season.

Date           Venue
April 4 Thruxton
April 25 Rockingham
May 2 Brands Hatch (GP)
June 6 Oulton Park
June 20 Croft
August 8 Snetterton
August 22 Silverstone
September 5 Knockhill
September 19 Donington Park
October 10 Brands Hatch (Indy)
One thing worth noting is the 7 week break between June 20 and August 8 :o

This is to avoid a clash with football world cup, British GP and the Tour de France.

It's going to be a long wait to the first race in April :sad:

Full details here: http://www.btcc.net/html/racedates.php

I can imagine the BTCC will struggle to compete with the mass appeal in Britain of the Tour de France!

I think that massive beast of a tournament that is being held in the Republic of South Africa in June/July next year. (Never fear, Clip the Apex will be celebrating it, there will be an F1 quiz with some kind of World Cup theme!). It is a consideration for anyone arranging sporting events next summer because the World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world, and you are not going to compete with it!

Any sporting event so inclusive North Korea enters must be big! Only the Olympics competes as a mass viewership thing, and then the attention is far more dispersed!

:o The first Brands Hatch race is being held the same weekend as the Army V Navy Rugby match at Twickenham. Not only does this mean that I will be in the London area so can do both events, it also means an entire weekend on the cider!!!

Oh my poor kidneys

Back
Top Bottom