Autocourse Top 10 2011

If that's how the team bosses rank him, it's not looking too good for Schumacher. If he doesn't have a stand out season next year I doubt Mercedes will be keeping him.

If that's how the team bosses rank him, it's not looking too good for Schumacher. If he doesn't have a stand out season next year I doubt Mercedes will be keeping him.

Well they recieve an awful lot of expose for having the most successful F1 driver ever race for them. Not to mention this season he certainly finished the season quite close to Rosberg, although the signs are that this could be due to the performance gap the W02 had to Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari but also the slower cars were considerably behind, meaning it wouldn't have been too difficult for Schumacher to make up his qualifying deficit on race day meanwhile Rosberg would have had a difficult time beating a Ferrari in race conditions. Overall it looks as though if Mercedes was closer to it's competitors then the statistics wouldn't have been so kind on Schumacher.

The team principals' top 10.

1. Vettel 241 UP 1
2. Button 200 UP 4
3. Alonso 188 DOWN 2
4. Hamilton 122 DOWN 1
5. Rosberg 90 UP 2
6. Webber 70 DOWN 2
7. Di Resta 44 NEW ENTRY
8. Sutil 38 RE-ENTRY FROM 2009
9. Kovalainen 26 RE-ENTRY FROM 2008
10. Schumacher 23 NEW ENTRY

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96751

Don't think you can argue much against that although Webber is lucky he is not further down with the best car

Well they recieve an awful lot of expose for having the most successful F1 driver ever race for them. Not to mention this season he certainly finished the season quite close to Rosberg, although the signs are that this could be due to the performance gap the W02 had to Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari but also the slower cars were considerably behind, meaning it wouldn't have been too difficult for Schumacher to make up his qualifying deficit on race day meanwhile Rosberg would have had a difficult time beating a Ferrari in race conditions. Overall it looks as though if Mercedes was closer to it's competitors then the statistics wouldn't have been so kind on Schumacher.

It is also helped by the fact that Mercedes are clearly the 4th team on the grid because FOrce India, Toro Rosso and Renault are not as fast as they were

Therefore Schumacher's race weekend is all about beating Rosberg (and Mass) in being the best driver after the top 3 teams

Had the other midfield teams been quicker like they were in some races then maybe then the gap between the two would have been further

Mark Hughes is as follows:-
1.Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Hamilton
5.Rosberg
6.Webber
7.Schumacher
8.Sutil
9.DiResta
10.Perez
He writes a little piece about each one justifying his decisions

If anyone fancies a laugh, check out some of the "fans" nominations on James Allen's site: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/12/who-is-the-f1-fans-champion-this-year/

Many of them don't have Hamilton in the top 10, despite scoring three wins (the same as Button), 1 pole (the only driver other than a Red Bull driver to do so), and 46% of the team's points.

Some of them don't even include Button, who arguably had the best season of his career and finished second in the WDC.

What a joke.

There are some people out there who lack any form of objectivity which is always the problems with this sort of list. How anyone can ignore Lewis is unbelievable but stupid is as stupid does. I think I made the point in another thread that I'm sure other drivers would have loved to have had as "bad" a season as Lewis did. He's probably disappointed but that's what makes him a competitor.

To be honest I find it amazing how often Schumacher is overlooked (myself included), only two drivers wins added together can overhaul his total, and that's not by much. Wait twenty years and see.

To be honest I find it amazing how often Schumacher is overlooked (myself included), only two drivers wins added together can overhaul his total, and that's not by much. Wait twenty years and see.

In the greatest driver ever stakes, "death at the wheel" seems to be the trump card which overrides such concepts as actual success or even popularity. Senna, for example, was as much a cheat as Schumacher, to the point of being utterly reckless with the lives of himself and Alain Prost when he disagreed with an FIA decision, but since he died at the wheel he is considered the greatest ever.

Schumacher simply obliterated the field in an exceptional car, dominated in a very good car, won the title in a good car, challenged for it in an inferior car and won races in the 1996 Ferrari. The F2002 and F2004 were not as far clear as, say, the Williamses of 1992 and 1996. They had Schumacher though - particularly his uniformly stunning laps around pit stops.

He had the best car, he had a subservient team mate, he cheated, the field of drivers(once Senna was gone) was not paticularly strong. That said yes, he did some stunning driving.. For me there will always be a big but......
Maybe thats why he came back, to try to tick the remaining boxes. But I think he's missed his chance and he wont tick those boxes now.
(I think the Senna/Prost incidenst are different. Senna was getting screwed over by Balestre. Schumacher just cheated to win if there was no alternative (against Hill, Villeneuve and Alonso..big time..at least those people), its like it was just another string to his bow that he pulled out when all else failed.

so Senna nearly driving Prost into a wall into a wall(which is where it all started) was because he was being screwed over by Balestre? hmmmmm

When he punted Nannini off the track in Hungary in 1990 was that because of Balestre?

Punching Eddie Irvine in the face(which even though sounds right wasn't) was that because of Balestre?

I think people justify what they want depending on if they like someone. Senna died and has had this whole group of young drivers (who were all about 5 when he died) jump up and down and say how great he is so people justify his actions. Schumacher is this none British guy who had the cheek to win things and keep winning things the cheating arrogant git so everything he does is wrong. The git has even had the cheek not to die behind the wheel. I mean the swine! what does he think he's doing?

so Senna nearly driving Prost into a wall into a wall(which is where it all started) was because he was being screwed over by Balestre? hmmmmm

When he punted Nannini off the track in Hungary in 1990 was that because of Balestre?

Punching Eddie Irvine in the face(which even though sounds right wasn't) was that because of Balestre?

I think people justify what they want depending on if they like someone. Senna died and has had this whole group of young drivers (who were all about 5 when he died) jump up and down and say how great he is so people justify his actions. Schumacher is this none British guy who had the cheek to win things and keep winning things the cheating arrogant git so everything he does is wrong. The git has even had the cheek not to die behind the wheel. I mean the swine! what does he think he's doing?

Senna was 'this non Brirtish guy'. Dying behind the wheel has nothing to do with whether you gain someones respect and admiration, you just have less chance to 'keep winning things'.Top drivers and average drivers have died behind the wheel. And top drivers and average drivers have not. Thats nothing to do with how good they are.

Senna was 'this non Brirtish guy'. Dying behind the wheel has nothing to do with whether you gain someones respect and admiration, you just have less chance to 'keep winning things'.Top drivers and average drivers have died behind the wheel. And top drivers and average drivers have not. Thats nothing to do with how good they are.

Yeah and Senna was hated with a passion by the British Media and British F1 fans alike until he died and the church of St Senna was started up. My point being if he'd lived I'm sure his career wouldn't have been so sacred and people would have taken pleasure pulling it apart and telling everyone he wasn't as good as he was cracked up to be like they do Schumie.

Back
Top Bottom