Autocourse Top 10 2011

I think you see what you want to see on the Red Bull front. I'll just go with what I can quote for now.

Alonso said Lewis was great - is he about to sign for Ferrari? No. Their are lots of reason to endorse a driver.

Both Schumacher and Di Resta got done by their team-mates who are in the top ten and Alguersauri finished a point behind Di Resta in a car that was supposedly 2 places back from the Force India in the constructors so he ranks higher for me

We are talking about Helmut . Dieter's right hand man and in charge of the Red Bull young driver programme which included Vettel. You never see Helmut endorsing Webber or congratulating him.

Look some people ask what is Helmut's role at Red Bull anyway?

I'll go back to 2005 when Red Bull came into F1 as a team , Dieter / Helmut were not convinced to have DC as one of the drivers and the team would have been Klein and Liuzzi but obviously Horner suggested one experienced driver rather than two rookies would help

If anyone is to replace Webber he would prefer fellow Aussie Ricciardo so he will have less bad feelings about being ousted.

Webber knows he is on borrowed him so he keeps asking himself is he up for it so is happy to do 1 year contracts. The trump card for Mark is he deals with Dieter directly so that might annoy Helmut

Meh, I don't think we'll ever see Vettel and Hamilton at Red Bull. Vettel wouldn't have it and Horner doesn't need to the headache that 2 truly competitive drivers would bring. I can easily see Webber doing one more year if RB don't have someone they think can be reasonably competitive (although not cause an issue with Vettel for the WDC) and just as importantly won't break the car, to help with the WCC.
---------------------------------

If Hamilton can raise his stock next year and his manager does his bit playing Mclaren vs Red Bull for his services then its possible

It might please Vettel but would not you want Hamilton winning for Red Bull than competing against Red Bull

Red Bull say there are a team of equal opportunities remember although maybe we should put Silverstone 2011 as a watershed moment then in the team's history

If Hamilton can raise his stock next year and his manager does his bit playing Mclaren vs Red Bull for his services then its possible

It might please Vettel but would not you want Hamilton winning for Red Bull than competing against Red Bull

Seb likes his history, and he knows what Schumi did after his second title. Mercedes are ripe for something similar. Surely Hamilton is an excellent and necessary back-up for such an unfortuanate occasion.

When has he been trying to oust Webber? If he can't oust him after Mark's awful year this season then he obviously doesn;t have a lot of influence does he?

Sorry we've gone wildly off topic. Apologies guys

The Rasputin_Lives Top 10 is as follows.

1 - Sebastian Vettel - who else? Best Car maybe but devestated the opposition

2 - Jenson Button - Really stepped up a gear this year

3 - Fernando Alonso - Best form since 06 - gets most improved attitude award too

4 - Adrian Sutil - Why? like Fernando, Adrian is one of 3 drivers who have out performed their teams place in the constructors championship and that gets overlooked - who's the 3rd? well.......

5 - Kamui Kobayashi - His great run at the start of the season has been forgotten due to a failing Sauber and his crash with Lewis. Pulled off 7 points scoring finishes in a row(one DQ'd) at begining of the year including a brilliant drive in Monoco. Dipped like the team in the middle but was the guy scoring the points to make sure Sauber fended off Toro Rosso in the last 2 races. Had over double the points of his team-mate

6 - Lewis Hamilton - I feel bad putting a driver who can produce performances like China, Germany and Abu Dhabi so low in the ratings but I guess he has to be judged by his own high standards and Lewis has been off form this year

7 - Jamie Alguersauri - Wouldn't have thought I'd have been putting Jamie in this table a few races into the season but the squire came good, saved his career and I think put himself in contention for the Red Bull seat if he carries on like this next season

8 - Nico Rosberg - we all know I'm not a fan as I find him dull - apart from Spa he's done nothing spectaculor this year really but he is consistant and consistantly on the tail of those front runners so he gets my number 8 slot and a begrudging well done

9 - Heikki Kovalaninen - The little Finnish fella who Lewis made into a laughing stock has transformed himself into hot property by the end of this year and has teams chasing him. Has been the only driver of the new teams to even look like getting out of Q1 - has done for Caterham exactly what Virgin wanted Glock to do for them.

10 - Jerome D'ambrosio - WHAT!!?!?! I hear you cry - well I've given poor old Jermoe the number 10 slot because the guy massively out performed any expectation of him. Never been highly rated in his junior career and was suppose to be the pay flunky to the greatness that is supposedly Timo Glock. Hasn;t worked out like that. He's always been on Timo's tail in quali if not in front of him(execeptionaly impressive in Japan quali) when all the tracks have been new to him and scored Virgin's highest finish 14th(x2). Just a shame no one noticed him.

Thats some very unusual choices:blink:

Just going on form for the season rather than overall rating thats all.
Yeah but Jenson 2nd and lewis 6th??? Even with Lewis' abysmal season and Jenson's stunner they werent that far apart. If Jens hadnt taken out two top competitors without penalty at China(Lewis and Alonso) the whole picture might have looked different. I think given the equipment thay had Id have put Alonso 2nd, Jenson 3rd and Lewis 4th.The winer is indesputable.

Yeah but Jenson 2nd and lewis 6th??? Even with Lewis' abysmal season and Jenson's stunner they werent that far apart. If Jens hadnt taken out two top competitors without penalty at China(Lewis and Alonso) the whole picture might have looked different. I think given the equipment thay had Id have put Alonso 2nd, Jenson 3rd and Lewis 4th.The winer is indesputable.

-------------------------------------
Not really because Lewis never displayed real consistency throughout the season for every 1 great race he had , it was followed by 2 or 3 average or bad ones. He only scored 7 podiums in the 2nd best car

ahh so your problem is where I've rated your favourite driver. Please read what I wrote about him

I did read it.And agree with much of what you said. But its not really fair if you grade drivers against their own previous high standards, surely they have to be graded against the other drivers. Yes Lewis is my favourite driver but even I wouldnt put him above 4th this year, but dont think he was as low as 6th. Also, I dont really think Jenson was above Alonso. So its as much the gap you've got between the two McLaern drivers as the actual low placing of Lewis.
Anyway its all opinions and your entitled to yours if thats how you feel about them.

If you go by how the constructors championship finished then Button, Alonso, Sutil and Kobayashi out performed the machinary they were driving hence them being rated higher than Lewis - he got best of the rest. He seems to be sitting 5th or 6th on most people's list on here so I don't think my ranking is amazingly out the blue really.

To be honest when I did the ratings I thought it'd be the lack of Webber someone might call me on not where I rate Lewis

Does every thread have to be Lewis vs Jenson? *sigh*

For me Webber, with the car that he had should have been 2nd in the championship. He wasn't - in fact he barely got 3rd. This, I feel, was a combination of Jenson getting some results that the Mclaren he was driving shouldn't have got and Mark not getting the results he should have got.

Thats how I feel and thats why my top 10 is how it is.

Thats fair enough. As I said its all about our opinions anyway. Ive not given a top ten, so who am I to comment on others.I find it really hard to rate drivers in different equipment and with so many other factors to consider.

Back
Top Bottom