Ask The Apex

Bill Boddy - Just watch the first 5 minutes of this video and all should be clear

Frentzen stalled after first formation lap, Montoya stalled before second formation lap, Irvine and Burti crashed on Lap 5, and then there was another formation lap before the "Official" start of the now 8 lap shorter GP.

Canada in 1998 definitely had to be re started after a 1st corner crash involving Alex Wurz and Jean Alesi. Not sure if the race had to be shortened though.

At 5:40 Montoya is shown as being in 15th place ahead of Frentzen, yet F1.com shows him as having retired on the second lap with "Engine" being given as the cause. Formula1.com must be wrong, but at that time Formula1.com was not under the control of Mr Ecclestone who was in the process of putting so many lawyers onto the case that the then owner of the site capitulated, so this may be part of the fiendish plan to discredit said owner. :no:

Just before the final start there is a shot of Mr Ecclestone talking to Ralf Schumacher, RS is sitting in his car. Then the grid is cleared, the field pulls away except for RS who stays put. Co-incidence?

Rossi-leads-into-corkscrew.jpg

Is it going the wrong way?

I thought it was the wrong way as well but it seems to be the popular answer on the comp I'm on (local race sim centre ran by an ex Sky F1 journalist)

Goodness me, that's a puzzle. The mud and sky are screaming British Circuit at me, but I don't recognise it. Too hilly for Anglesey, too barren for Cadwell Park...not Lydden I don't think...oh god knows. Zandvoort.

Back
Top Bottom