Ask The Apex

Raikkonen went from McLaren to Ferrari in 2007.

Prost did the same in 1990.

Berger did the opposite from those two in 1990, then went straight back to Ferrari in 1993.

I'm sure there are few more.

Alain Prost went from Mclaten to Ferrari in 1990

Gerhard Berger went from Ferrari to Mclaren in 1990 and then from Mclaren to Ferrari in 1993.

Kimi also went from Mclaren to Ferrari in 2007.

There may be more but there the ones off the top of my head.

My pre-late 80's F1 knowledge shown up again!

Has there ever been a world champion who has not won a GP prior to his championship year?

Jack Brabham took his first win in his Championship year of 1959. Other than that it's Nino Farina as he won the first Championship in 1950...

I could also discount Mika Hakkinen's "win" at the European GP in 1997 as he sort of finished first rather than won it. Others might disagree.

I've asked this before several times (not on this forum) and never got a response.

What does the Technical Director do? Is he the main car designer or is that someone else?
Is Adrian Newey "technical director" at Red-Bull or head car designer, head of aerodynamics or something else?

Roles vary slightly from team to team (depending on how many chiefs they have - see Mercedes) but the TD is generally responsible for the overall car (design), pulling together the various departments working on it.

Adrian Newey is listed as the Chief Technical Officer at Red Bull, which may or may not be the same as TD.

Back
Top Bottom