Ask The Apex

I think the '93 car had a fair bit of the F3000 about it as well. I know Broadley was the man in overall charge, just not sure if he was the actual designer. Given that he was behind the very first Lola in the 1960s, perhaps that would explain a thing or two, though...

From what i've found out, It certainly appears he did.
http://www.statsf1.com/en/lola-t93-30.aspx

I remember reading a quote too, from i think was the Team Boss at BMS, saying how Broadley wanted to finish in glory and came up with an old fashioned car.

Obe of the problems was it was the only team in 1993 that did not have any electronic gizmos at all.

What does a safety car driver do when he's not needed? Does he just sit in the car?
And does he get track time before a race? I guess so, but I'm not sure.

I don't know this for a fact but I assume he waits either in the car or in a room close to the car as it can be deployed rather fast sometimes.

What does a safety car driver do when he's not needed? Does he just sit in the car?
And does he get track time before a race? I guess so, but I'm not sure.

In Belgium, the safety car goes out for about 3 laps about 15 minutes before each session, either GP2, GP3, or Porsche Supercup. Not forgetting F1 as well of course...

It occured to me the other day that Nick Wirth has designed two pointless cars for two different teams (Simtek and Manor) has any other designer managed to do the same and design pointless cars for more than one team?

Tony Southgate had a chequered career in F1, designing really fast cars for Shadow, and Lotus (he was involved in the 77 and 78) then with Arrows he designed the A1, the bizarre A2 and the occasionally fast A3. He then went on to design some real pieces of crap for Osella and Theodore

Didn't Ron Dennis have an accident or some sort of stroke of something which is why his mouth doesn't work properly?

In qualifying would a driver be allowed to use the run off on the end of the out lap in order to gain a higher straight line speed (as they could miss the last corner) when crossing the finish line on the hot lap?

In qualifying would a driver be allowed to use the run off on the end of the out lap in order to gain a higher straight line speed (as they could miss the last corner) when crossing the finish line on the hot lap?

I remember a driver doing this and his lap became "invalidated"

Has Vettel won a grand prix not on the front row?

I am sure he has won from 3rd at least once, but someone posted all his race wins and they have came from the front row.

Back
Top Bottom