1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Rossi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Fenderman, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

I don't know how much publicity Haas is generating in the US that it will compete in F1 but no doubt one of the questions asked about the team is if they will field a US driver ?

To really discredit Rossi who through no fault of his own was not given his debut last year when it looked like he was going to race

2. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

but there is a big difference between america & india, you wouldnt expect indian driver to be good enough but considering americans history & all the famous families

3. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

well here's Rossi's chance to showcase his ability behind the wheel and get a march on Van Doorn who was tipped as a potential contender for the seat next year as well

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

5 of the 7 races it says so he will finish GP2. Interesting move. I'd expected them to stick Jordan King in at this stage but Rossi is a much stronger choice.

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Was not it said that Manor Marussia attracted the interest of some US investors a few weeks ago :thinking: The timing is ironic but then Rossi has been trying to get in and denied through no fault of his own

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Rossi was interviewed with his race suit round his waist and just his fire resistant undies on. The boy looks like he needs a good meal. When did F1 drivers start having to look like anorexics to get a drive?

8. RasputinLives

Yeah I thought that. I think we can officially move this thread to F1 drivers now can't we?

*edit* its already been done :embarrassed:

9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

According to Wikipedia the was minimum weight set at 450 kg set in 1961 but I don't think drivers were anorexic. It must have been post Mansell, I suspect that it is a recent phenomenon which came with drivers having to get fit to be able to take the gs.

At one time strength was more important that weight

FB likes this.
  10. RasputinLives

Nice job by Rossi to bring it home especially as he had no team radio from about half way.

11. RasputinLives

I'm expecting a mass of media coverage of Rossi over the weekend of the US Grand Prix which should be handy for both him and Manor. I'm hoping both are using it as levarage for a little bit of extra cash.

Dash Racing likes this.
  12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

13. RasputinLives

Looks like Rossi's F1 dream was short lived as he's heading back to the States. It'll be announced this afternoon he has signed for Andretti to race in the 2016 Indy Car series.

14. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Guaranteed seat versus a wait, watch and hope. Seems like the right move to me. There will always be another chance with Manor next year. I can't see that line up being a multi season one.

15. RasputinLives

Next year's Manor seat most likely has Jordan King's name on it

16. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Maybe Rossi can get the support of an American billionaire, he could back on the shortlist? (cue to The Donald)

teabagyokel likes this.
  17. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Olivier - Yeah, but Donald's advertising strategy involves prime advertising using a wall on the Mexican border.

Olivier likes this.
  18. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Rossi is gonna to be like Vintonio Liuzzi - just never going to get a break in his f1 career.

I should say Haas might want Rossi if the sponsors demand it or they are looking for sponsors

20. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Didn't the Shadow car in 1979 have Trump's face on it?

[​IMG]

Olivier, Fenderman and teabagyokel like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice