Alexander Rossi

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I don't know how much publicity Haas is generating in the US that it will compete in F1 but no doubt one of the questions asked about the team is if they will field a US driver ?

To really discredit Rossi who through no fault of his own was not given his debut last year when it looked like he was going to race

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Well it was the same situation when Force India came into F1 and there was expectancy that they would run an Indian driver but VJ was adamant neither were good enough.
but there is a big difference between america & india, you wouldnt expect indian driver to be good enough but considering americans history & all the famous families

Il_leone

Champion Elect
well here's Rossi's chance to showcase his ability behind the wheel and get a march on Van Doorn who was tipped as a potential contender for the seat next year as well

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
5 of the 7 races it says so he will finish GP2. Interesting move. I'd expected them to stick Jordan King in at this stage but Rossi is a much stronger choice.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Was not it said that Manor Marussia attracted the interest of some US investors a few weeks ago :thinking: The timing is ironic but then Rossi has been trying to get in and denied through no fault of his own

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Rossi was interviewed with his race suit round his waist and just his fire resistant undies on. The boy looks like he needs a good meal. When did F1 drivers start having to look like anorexics to get a drive?

RasputinLives

Contributor
Yeah I thought that. I think we can officially move this thread to F1 drivers now can't we?

*edit* its already been done :embarrassed:

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
.... When did F1 drivers start having to look like anorexics to get a drive?
According to Wikipedia the was minimum weight set at 450 kg set in 1961 but I don't think drivers were anorexic. It must have been post Mansell, I suspect that it is a recent phenomenon which came with drivers having to get fit to be able to take the gs.

At one time strength was more important that weight

Reactions: FB

RasputinLives

Contributor
I'm expecting a mass of media coverage of Rossi over the weekend of the US Grand Prix which should be handy for both him and Manor. I'm hoping both are using it as levarage for a little bit of extra cash.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Looks like Rossi's F1 dream was short lived as he's heading back to the States. It'll be announced this afternoon he has signed for Andretti to race in the 2016 Indy Car series.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Guaranteed seat versus a wait, watch and hope. Seems like the right move to me. There will always be another chance with Manor next year. I can't see that line up being a multi season one.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Rossi is gonna to be like Vintonio Liuzzi - just never going to get a break in his f1 career.

I should say Haas might want Rossi if the sponsors demand it or they are looking for sponsors

Top Bottom