1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Rossi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Fenderman, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There will be over 1,900 miles of wall to cover with Rossi ads, so that might help.

2. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

cider_and_toast likes this.
  3. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Amazing drive from Rossi in the 500. Really happy for him, but I will always maintain he should have never even had the chance to be in Indy this month. Haas should have signed him without a doubt.

Olivier likes this.
  4. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Rossi in Hass would have been great.

5. RasputinLives

Congrats to Rossi on his Indy500 win.

How odd it must feel to him that he's spent his entire career trying to break into the top flight in European single seated racing , and then he stumbles into racing over the Atlantic almost by accident and wins the big one at first time of asking!

In Feb he was still hopeful of being in a Manor at the rear of the F1 field.

teabagyokel likes this.
  6. RasputinLives

Rossi was in Austria doing stuff with the Manor team. I do wonder if he'll get a race this year at somepoint.

When was the last time someone won the Indy 500 and raced in F1 in the sane year?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

I would guess it would have been Graham Hill. A number of drivers have competed in Indy racing and F1 in the same year but not many have actually won Indy.

RasputinLives likes this.
  8. RasputinLives

I'm going to look it up but I've just had a memory that Mario Andretti stood in at Ferrari when a driver past away(can't remember who). Might have been same year he won Indy.

9. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

82 Italian GP I think he stood in for Pironi after his huge shunt. I think Andretti put the car on pole and his team mate Patrick Tambay went on to win. Not sure if Mario won Indy in 82 though.

10. cider_and_toast

Further to my last, Mario won Indy in 69. He made a handful of appearances for Lotus in the same season so that would have been later than Hill who won Indy in 66.

11. RasputinLives

You are correct. The Indy 500 winner in 82 was Gavin Johncock(I've not heard of him either). So I think you are right in Graham Hill. He might actually be the only one if you Don't count when it was an F1 race (which most people Don't).

Anyways my prediction is Rossi will make it 2 in the US Grand Prix.

12. RasputinLives

And I was just done saying how right you were the first time!

13. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Do you think that Rossi driving in a Manor, might be a death knell on any serious hope of getting back into top flight F1 ?

14. RasputinLives

The Manor is a death knoll? Doesn't seem to be doing Wherlein any harm.

15. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

How did he get on in the race?:whistle:

Titch likes this.
  16. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    RasputinLives likes this.
  17. RasputinLives

I guess you are a firm believer in the phrase 'a man is only as good as his last result'.

As Wherlain's rep is sky high due to his points in the Manor (so was Rossi's after his short spell last year) I'm not sure how getting to drive for Manor again would be a death knoll on his hopes of Rossi getting into F1.

18. RasputinLives

In this article Rossi says he has turned down an offer to drive for Manor for the rest of the season to complete the Indycar series.

Rossi reveals he declined Manor race seat - PlanetF1

The interesting tidbit at the end of the article is that he has an offer on the table from another F1 team for 2017. Wonder who that is.

KekeTheKing likes this.
  19. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice