2024 silly season

A bit like Bottas/Webber/Massa/Kimi/Barichello/Irvine/Coulthard/Hill/Patrese/Berger and so on....
i dont think any of their commercial abilty far outweighed their driving abilty. their contract were always extended because of what they brought on track & not off it

you know what's becoming fascinating, that current 3 time reigning drivers & constructors champions might be keeping a driver in Perez for financial reason & not talent reasons. which i understand if your Sauber, Williams, Haas. but now the "best" team on grid. but apparently Perez accounts for 65% of red bull merchandises sales & bring a lot of linked sponsors
🤣🤣🤣🤣

i dont think any of their commercial abilty far outweighed their driving abilty. their contract were always extended because of what they brought on track & not off it

I can point you in the direction of multiple threads on here where people were claiming they were not doing the job on the track and were about to be / had to be replaced by a top team otherwise the seas would boil and the skies would fall.

It's a win / win for them then. He brings in cash, does just enough to get them over the Contractors Championship line and is no threat to their superstar number 1 driver.
Well judging by the last 3 races Verstappen needs a rear gunner to help him because I think if Ferrari and Mclaren can get ahead of Red Bull each race. That will be a huge dent in their constructors lead

Previously when the No 2 was useless in providing a rear guard for Verstappen they ditch them. Oh I think Ricciardo 's dream back to Red Bull is over as well

Well let's hope we see Jos whining more now because Ferrari and Mclaren must be rubbing their hands its p
Perez in one Red Bull

but we all know its common place at a smaller team. but im surprised in this budget cap era where red bull are already saving 250m dollars a year in comparison to 2021. they are supposedly keeping Perez because they cant afford to lose Merchandise he sells & sponsors he brings.

is this another sign that red bull the company are looking for a way out & arent funding the team like they did when deitrich was alive

but we all know its common place at a smaller team. but im surprised in this budget cap era where red bull are already saving 250m dollars a year in comparison to 2021. they are supposedly keeping Perez because they cant afford to lose Merchandise he sells & sponsors he brings.

is this another sign that red bull the company are looking for a way out & arent funding the team like they did when deitrich was alive
If its monetary reasons it seems a strange one given Red Bull continues to invest in motorsport heavily still and just renewed the A1 ring to host motor races

A first indication is if VCARB is sold but I wonder when will Verstappen be told we can't afford your salary anymore.

There has been a change in Red Bull to being more corporate now for sure

Carlos Sainz to williams seems sorted according to many journalists & fascinating interview with vowels. he seemingly very confident he can get williams to do the same step up as mclaren have. hes talking a huge investment 30 people from other teams recruited, 1 of the best engines if not the best come for 2026

if sainz goes its an incredible coup. i can only think of Damon Hill to arrows. so there must be something to believe in. when your choosing Williams over Audi

heres a thing, is Adrian Newey returning to williams so stupid. if you had said in April Sainz > Williams it wouldve been shot down as extremely far fetched will never happen in a month of sundays. as he has the pick of seats. but its happened & Newey loves a project. if im playing devil's avocado where the joy of taking a team from 2nd to 1st when you can take a team 9th to 1st

is it enivitable Riccardio leaves F1 for the final time this season. unless he does something remarkable

without going all Jaques Villeneuve, i dont see the point of Riccardio next yr now Tsunoda has signed. he's 34 the main team dream ship now has sailed with the perez signing. no other team i can see him giving a chance

now if tsunoda had been poached. i would understand Riccardio staying as a mentor & a benchmark. but9 the sister team is supposed to give youth a chance, if theyve strayed from that with Hartley, De Vries, Kyvat Return. to give hadjar or lawson a chance

Back
Top Bottom