2024 silly season

Maybe Merc have overhyped him too much
not mercedes i think its motorsport media who described this guy that nobody has ever watched live on tv. as the great youth talent feeder categories have ever seen. it's extremely hard to live up to that. i said below in my F2 preview

all eyes are on 1 man Kimi Antonelli. never has a feeder series driver come into a series already with such pressure on his shoulders, such huge expectations with nobody having actually watched him race live because he skipping F3. going from F4 & formula Regional straight to F2 & straight into the F2 Team everyone wants to be in, purely through word of mouth. so much so he is the favourite to replace lewis hamilton in 2025. but this is a guy who is so young. in perspective he was a 2 week old newborn baby. when Michael Schumacher shocked the world by announcing that he would retire from F1 at the end of the 2006 season. everyone who talks about him raves about him. to the point, where if he isnt on 1st 2 rows of qualifying or Feature race podium. people will be calling him overrated.

Even a useless Antonelli will be better than a Mick Schumacher at the top of his game.
i cant see mick schumacher ever getting back into F1, he will end up in WEC or FE. unless a team is in desperate need of pay driver

sainz will be audi im guessing. apparently red bull are worrying that they didn't get on at toro rosso
They got on , it was their pushy Dad's that were creating the problem

Still Helmut came out saying Red Bull could not offer the amount Audi offered to Sainz ( hint pay him to be No 2 )

Now Horner is apparently the one Sainz is negotiating with and sounds like Perez is favoured.

Still can't get away from the fact that Perez is just a punchbag for Verstappen. So long as Red Bull and Verstappen are winning then there are no issues. I wonder if they will change their minds if Mclaren ,Ferrari and Mercedes keep closing to the point Perez is a liability

Bottas stint as top teams number 2 at Merc is looking a hell of a lot better when you compare it to Perez job as number 2 ain't it?

Maybe Red Bull should call him up.
It's the difference between Toto's more relaxed policy between his driver's and Christian's wish to keep Max (and his Dad) on side.

No driver who has any aspiration to perform and receive anything like equal treatment would want to be in a Red Bull right now.

Bottas stint as top teams number 2 at Merc is looking a hell of a lot better when you compare it to Perez job as number 2 ain't it?

Maybe Red Bull should call him up.
2019 - 21 - yes

2018 - at the moment is on a par

although verstappen did win more races in a red bull than bottas did from 2017 - 2020

Last edited:
Bottas is never going go give you sparkles but i'd have put good money on him not being 18th this weekend and finishing at least 8th.

If you're looking for a consistent number 2 drive who is not going to worry/annoy Verstappen whilst being a pro in the press and not moaning about it I really can't think of anyone more qualified right now.

But of course if they do employee him its obvious why and for some reason teams have to keep up this lie of having 'two equal' drivers to the public. I'm not sure why anymore to be honest. Its a bit like when a band goes off at the end of a gig but the house lights don't go up. We all have to pretend that the band are coming back for an encore because we've shouted for them too but we all know they were planning to anyways.

Perez record is woeful in such a superior car he has credit in the bag for Baku, Istanbul and Abu Dhabi 21 but trying to defend Verstappen against 4 hungry drivers who could beat Verstappen we are seeing his real level now.

Bottas a left field choice but like Perez just he would be grateful if he gets a career lifeline to extend that

Perez record is woeful in such a superior car he has credit in the bag for Baku, Istanbul and Abu Dhabi 21 but trying to defend Verstappen against 4 hungry drivers who could beat Verstappen we are seeing his real level now.
Singapore 2022? that was his greatest drive

Singapore 2022? that was his greatest drive
Thanks for reminding but I was think the times he has done his job as rear gunner in taking points off Verstappen's main rival Verstappen is now facing more than 1 rival.which Perez is unable to keep up with

you know what's becoming fascinating, that current 3 time reigning drivers & constructors champions might be keeping a driver in Perez for financial reason & not talent reasons. which i understand if your Sauber, Williams, Haas. but now the "best" team on grid. but apparently Perez accounts for 65% of red bull merchandises sales & bring a lot of linked sponsors

It's a win / win for them then. He brings in cash, does just enough to get them over the Contractors Championship line and is no threat to their superstar number 1 driver.

Back
Top Bottom