Grand Prix 2023 Miami Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Welcome to Miami now
Broken promises are here
I don't know, you don't know
Welcome to Miami now

I don't know, you don't know, why I chose to start with that, probably because it's the only song I know about Miami. Should you want to track it down and have a listen it's Miami by Baxter Dury. Please note that it's a bit sweary.

Turning to the matter in hand, we are back for the "second edition" of the Miami Grand Prix as the owners of F1 desperately try and convince the American public that European motorsport is better than their home grown variety. This year, in a complete change to last year, we can expect to see le Clerc in the Ferrari take pole, only for Max Verstappen to pass him before lap 10 and sail off to the finish with occasional moments of faux excitement after Nick de Vries or Alex Albon have shoved there car in to the wall, causing the safety to waddle out.

Meanwhile, over at Indycar they have had four different winners from three different teams so far this season. But this can't be as good as F1 as the cars are all the same.

For 2023, to make the race more exciting, the grandstand capacity has been increased by 3,000 and part of the paddock will be inside, yes INSIDE, the Hard Rock Stadium. I think I may need to take a moment here...

And I'm back. The palpitations have subsided, helped by a soothing chamomile tea

Here's the schedule, but I have told you the result so it's up to you if you bother to watch it. At the same time the Beeb have a programme on about some bloke called Charles who's just got a new job, you could watch that instead.

1683031240764.png

Last edited:
I read an article, I think it was on Planet F1, that said the viewing figures for last season were down. Down only slightly on 2021 but down all the same.

They think what's behind Liberty's panic is the difference in reality between Drive to Survive and a whole race. D2S has made F1 out to be a thrilling adventure ride so people tune in to races expecting that and end up seeing a snooze fest.

This is the reason we're on an express ride to gimmick town in a desperate bid to keep the numbers up.

im starting to think verstappen will win this. but in the pits as theyll be 15-20 lap crossover between perez mediums pitstop & verstappens hards. i can just see verstappen overcutting him in fresh air

That sort of level of domination shown by Verstappen today means that he’s likely to canter to a third WDC…. Perez just doesn’t have the speed consistently across the season to be able to fight for the title, and the other cars are just so far behind.

i thought that was decent race espically compared to 2022 & last week in baku. there was something happening all the time & we had the great tactical battle of perez & verstappen in Free air & credit where credits due, that was brilliant drive from verstappen, like Spa was 1 way traffic as soon he got thru all traffic in 1st 15 laps.

he will made a huge body blow to perez

The speed of that all Red Bull is astonishing. Amazing what a bit of extra R&D, sorry, catering money can get you.
as toto wolff said every over spend will always have a increase in performance, this is a bit weird because i like adrian newey but red bull irrate me. but as much as it pains me to say, red bull may be the only team to get the ground effect rules spot on, as everyone had porposing but red bull

As a response to the way the drivers were introduced in Miami it's rumoured that at Silverstone they will be using the Strictly staircase, with each driver standing hand in hand with their Team Principal. Alan Dedicoat will then introduce them to crowd as they sashay down the stairs and then wiggle provocatively together at the front of the grid.

The Mercedes was further away let's hope the upgrades is miles better
Mercedes performed very well during the race, much better than in qualy, and it's mainly due to the temp drop. They keep saying they don't understand the car, but one thing is clear: that car loves cool tracks. And it's not the (no)side pods not cooling the engine properly, it's about thermal tire degradation. Pirelli is sh1t

As a response to the way the drivers were introduced in Miami it's rumoured that at Silverstone they will be using the Strictly staircase, with each driver standing hand in hand with their Team Principal. Alan Dedicoat will then introduce them to crowd as they sashay down the stairs and then wiggle provocatively together at the front of the grid.
you say that but i would love to see that

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, its Charles Leclerc & Carlos Sainz
temp 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom