Grand Prix 2023 Miami Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Welcome to Miami now
Broken promises are here
I don't know, you don't know
Welcome to Miami now

I don't know, you don't know, why I chose to start with that, probably because it's the only song I know about Miami. Should you want to track it down and have a listen it's Miami by Baxter Dury. Please note that it's a bit sweary.

Turning to the matter in hand, we are back for the "second edition" of the Miami Grand Prix as the owners of F1 desperately try and convince the American public that European motorsport is better than their home grown variety. This year, in a complete change to last year, we can expect to see le Clerc in the Ferrari take pole, only for Max Verstappen to pass him before lap 10 and sail off to the finish with occasional moments of faux excitement after Nick de Vries or Alex Albon have shoved there car in to the wall, causing the safety to waddle out.

Meanwhile, over at Indycar they have had four different winners from three different teams so far this season. But this can't be as good as F1 as the cars are all the same.

For 2023, to make the race more exciting, the grandstand capacity has been increased by 3,000 and part of the paddock will be inside, yes INSIDE, the Hard Rock Stadium. I think I may need to take a moment here...

And I'm back. The palpitations have subsided, helped by a soothing chamomile tea

Here's the schedule, but I have told you the result so it's up to you if you bother to watch it. At the same time the Beeb have a programme on about some bloke called Charles who's just got a new job, you could watch that instead.

1683031240764.png

Last edited:
i was saying at work. how much im dreading this race, because if Baku was bad then theres no hope for Miami. & your spot on about indycar, if i was F1 id forget try to compete, because if Liberty media had watched the indycar race later on in the day, i wouldve been embarrassed everything you want from a race great strategy & cars that can follow. if im honest F1 is quite low on schedule this weekend, Coronation (it is british history after all) end of the Football season & Formula E from Monaco. but im able to watch it live so thats always a postive

the last i heard about the stadium but it was 2022 that they thought about having the podium abit like Mexico. but that village looks good
image.jpg

i just remember & occured to me. who thought have a 6850 miles double header was a good idea, it is ridiculous as you would never have the British GP on sunday & then have malaysian GP practise on the friday

90 secs to go & both mercedes in the Q1 drop zone :o
-------------------------------------------------
both got through put russell in 11th is hardly mind blowing. i worry the drivers morale if imola upgrade doesnt match expectations

Last edited:
that was the big talking point all weekend, its a street track & yes track evolution might be massive but if someone puts in the wall at the end of the session pushing. your stuffed

This fascination with night races is getting beyond now. The circuit at Miami is rubbish. Adding a load of floodlights isn’t going to make it better. Also they should concentrate on filling the stands with spectators first and foremost.
F1 loves to paper over the cracks. instead of cars getting the cars closer to being able to follow without DRS & it would also be a shocker for Europe as would be a UK - 1.30am, Continental Europe - 2.30am start time. the live viewing figures would plummet & which is opposite of why Singapore was a night race in the 1st place

Back
Top Bottom