Grand Prix 2022 French Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Between 2009 and 2017 there was no French Grand Prix, which was a huge insult to the history of motor racing. Why you may ask? If you look back, France basically gave us this sport.

The first competitive motor race took place between Paris and Rouen in 1894. The first Grand Prix was run in 1906 by the Automobile Club de France and took place in Sarthe, not that far from where the Le Mans 24 hour race now takes place.

France held a Grand Prix in the first season of the World Championship in 1950, with a race a Reims won by Fangio.

The 1951 race has two winners listed, Fangio and Fagioli. Fagioli was obliged to swap cars with Fangio as the Argentine's car had developed a misfire. They shared the points for the win and Fagioli promptly quit Grand Prix racing on the spot having been required to give his car to Fangio.

Porsche took their one and only F1 win in 1962 with Dan Gurney driving round Rouen.

Jean-Pierre Jabouille won the first ever race for a turbocharged F1 car in 1979 at Dijon. A race more often remembered for the wheel banging battle between Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux at the end of the race.

Alain Prost took his first ever Grand Prix win at the 1981 race in Dijon.

Michael Schumacher has won the race an astonishing 8 times

And finally, statistically the best Grand Prix driver never to take part in a world championship race, Jean-Pierre Wimille, won the French race in 1936 and 1948.

I've impressed myself as I haven't mentioned the nausea inducing painted run off areas at the modern Paul Ricard circuit until the very end. Max won last year. This year we have 53 laps to get through. Let's hope it's better than previous races at this circuit.

Enjoy

1658433184042.png

The Artist..... i dont know how feasible it is but then we are talking about a sport that has got a race in downtown Las Vegas. the only way French GP will stay on the calendar is having it at Le Mans. having it on for example, this season on the 5th June the week before or 19th week after. to take advantage of the set up already built

because in football terms. its like having the FA Cup final at Old Trafford when tje answer is staring people in their face

Last edited:
They will never race F1 at the full Le Man circuit as it will devalue the endurance race.

Perhaps a race in the middle of Paris might be an option. FE have managed it, Le Tour ends in the streets of Paris. How about a race which goes up the Champs Elysse and round the Arc de Triomphe?

Formula E did FB but it did was so narrow it made Monaco look wide

would it devalue it, i thought it might enhance it. like when F1 raced at indy, before some teams selfish greed came out & it was ruined

They will never race F1 at the full Le Man circuit as it will devalue the endurance race.

Perhaps a race in the middle of Paris might be an option. FE have managed it, Le Tour ends in the streets of Paris. How about a race which goes up the Champs Elysse and round the Arc de Triomphe?
I’ve done that one, damn taxis slowed me down but I think I managed a representative time

this might bite me on the arse. but i cant see in these temperatures. how any driver can win this race on a 1 stopper. they surely would be sitting duck on the tyres in the final laps

i dont blame leclerc for frustration. Ferrari just love to self destruct. in a position to win 6 of last 7 & for multiple reasons poor reliability, strategy or mistakes theyve won 1 of the 7 & tried their hardest to throw that 1 away

dread to think how many points ferrari have handed to verstappen

this might bite me on the arse
oops LOL

this elongated pit lane has stuck the drivers are stuck in rock & hard place. because they want to 2 stop, as the tyres are "finished" but because of the 36 second stop. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. as a pit stop would stick verstappen behind Alonso in 6th & Hamilton behind ocon in 8th & sainz down to 9th

Last edited:
oops LOL

this elongated pit lane has stuck the drivers are stuck in rock & hard place. because they want to 2 stop, as the tyres are "finished" but because of the 36 second stop. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. as a pit stop would stick verstappen behind Alonso in 6th & Hamilton behind ocon in 8th & sainz down to 9th
To be fair, the only driver who would face a 36 second stop was Sainz...

The cars with the hards on could just about eke it out to the finish, but everyone was struggling at the end. I have more of an issue just how shit the Paul Ricard circuit is.

Did anyone believe Le clerc in his interview?
“I did a mistake”
The fact that the throttle keeps sticking open suggests to me that Ferrari are doing something with their engine mapping to speed their car up in the (slower) corners... I keep thinking of exhaust blown diffusers, for some reason...

Title is Verstappen's to lose now

If you're wondering about Ferrari's late pit stop they sacrificed constructors points which would have been 6pts more than 1pt they took off Verstappen taking away fastest lap in order to minimise Leclerc's damage (?)

Perez was poor

What was going on with the end of the VSC today? Usually, the VSC ending lasts a few seconds, but cars drove at least half a lap with "VSC ending" on screen... It was almost as if the stewards were trying to give the green light in a place where Perez could easily be overtaken...

What was going on with the end of the VSC today? Usually, the VSC ending lasts a few seconds, but cars drove at least half a lap with "VSC ending" on screen... It was almost as if the stewards were trying to give the green light in a place where Perez could easily be overtaken...
If only they did it when Verstappen was asleep it would have been quite funny

Back
Top Bottom