2021 Silly Season

A don't-rock-the-boat number two is lovely, but a luxury you can only afford if you have a reasonable car advantage over the field (read: Max Verstappen). Obviously it's very likely that Merc will be just as strong next season as they have for the past seven, but, if Red Bull up their game just a bit, Merc might regret not having a second driver who's a bit closer to Lewis in tight races. They haven't had nearly as many 1-2s this year as they should given their pace advantage.
well as ive wrote in my notes for my top 10 drivers that probally up tomorrow. max finished 9pts off bottas. with a big car disadvantage & then he had to deal with 2 engines blown, a puncture in comfortable 2nd at imola, & taken out in someone else accident in mugello & sakhir.

that gap is only going to close with close in performance & better luck

But Lewis won the WDC Comfortably (relatively speaking, obvs) and Mercedes won the WCC comfortably. Bottas finishing second is nice, but the big prizes had already been secured.

I think that if the rivals were closer, any shortcomings would be exposed. I dont know how much of Bottas performance this year is due to being demoralised, vs just being poor or Hamilton upping his game, he certainly has looked better in previous seasons.

I am just thinking that if the car advantage is there, best not to rock the boat, and if it is not, you have to be careful bringing in two roosters to the chicken coop!

But Lewis won the WDC Comfortably (relatively speaking, obvs) and Mercedes won the WCC comfortably. Bottas finishing second is nice, but the big prizes had already been secured.

I think that if the rivals were closer, any shortcomings would be exposed. I dont know how much of Bottas performance this year is due to being demoralised, vs just being poor or Hamilton upping his game, he certainly has looked better in previous seasons.

I am just thinking that if the car advantage is there, best not to rock the boat, and if it is not, you have to be careful bringing in two roosters to the chicken coop!
I have been saying Mercedes missed a chance with Ocon which has seriously affected where he should in his career now beating Max Verstappen again and Russell is now ahead of the cue.

Apart Toto being Bottas' manager I cant see a good reason to keep him even Barrichello would have done much better thsn him being No2 to Hamilton

Some extraordinarily bad decisions through the paddock. You could argue
  • Mercedes shouldn't have re-signed Bottas
Yeah and he has actually got worse not better because of it
  • Ferrari have hired the wrong McLaren driver (again)
That is only if he gets sacked like the previous two of the three unless they are happy to pay his wages to keep Leclerc happy but they will expect more from Sainz. I think they will work well but the shadow of Schumacher will be looming
  • Racing Point have retained the wrong driver, and are making a mistake with Vettel
The owner cant kick his son out clearly someone within Mercedes wants Vettel to represent their brand because of his stature and nationality. Its actually a great incentive for Stroll jnr to prove all his doubters wrong if he manages to beat Vettel. Yes wrong to drop Perez though given he is at his peak whereas Vettel is past his
  • Renault shouldn't have re-signed Ocon, and while I'm prepared to give Alonso a chance, it could blow up in their faces

That was down to nationality requirements of the top brass . Next season he needs to step up
  • Alfa could have shown a lot more imagination, at the very least

Rubbish decision because clearly Binotto likes Giovinazzi but Raikkonen should be getting his pension not thst he needs it .

As for Haas I was thinking would they go for Perez if they sack Mazepin

Screenshot_20201216-080440_Formula 1.jpg

i was expecting this. because the rumours had built over the weeks. kyvat is a lovely bloke. & he's done great, glad he's got career back on track. after germany 2017? but his performances are too little too late, putting in his 2 best qualifying in his final 2 races. but if we are being harsh kyvat was only in there as a seat filler because the academy well was dry & they needed 2nd driver. we've had 8 votes in driver of the year poll. not 1 has kyvat in their top 10

Tsunoda is great replacement, I'll be honest ive only known about him for 6 months. because id not known much about him, dont watch F3 & he came 9th so he wasnt "1 to watch" coming into F2. but he took 3 races to bed in. but after Belgium he was fantastic. consistently at the front. & finished 3rd in the championship only 15pts behind Schumacher. beating more fancied drivers like Shwartzmann, Zhou, Armstrong & Darvula,

& i wonder if this means that Verstappen will win following GP after kyvat sacking for the 4th time

Tsunoda is the worst kept secret for about 6 months . We know Honda are leaving F1 so how does appointing him mean in terms of Red Bull and Honda beyond 2021

Kyvat - the writing was on the wall when he did not get his chance after the podium. His career has gone away like Vergne and Buemi talented but we did not see the best in F1

Back
Top Bottom