Grand Prix 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
So why was Bottas unable to catch and pass Max on much newer tyres. Lewis was on old tyres and pulling a gap to Max faster than Bottas was closing on new tyres. Is he just crap or was something else going on.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
So why was Bottas unable to catch and pass Max on much newer tyres. Lewis was on old tyres and pulling a gap to Max faster than Bottas was closing on new tyres. Is he just crap or was something else going on.
Lady Cider and I were talking about exactly the same thing last night. Bottas had about 10 laps to close Max down and for 7 of them couldn't get anywhere near him then suddenly, with 3 laps to go he pulls right up under Max's rear wing and we get the usual "oh if only this race was one lap longer"

Meanwhile up front, the will he won't he saga of Hamilton making a late pit stop sees Hamilton open up a further 3 seconds on Max in as many laps.

sobriety

Pole Sitter
I wonder if it was down to the availability of "party mode" and Bottas burned through his recovering from his awful start, whereas Hamilton had plenty left for the last three laps?

F1Brits_90

Race Winner

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
Someone has some time on their hands.

If you really want to do your homework then go back and look that Hungary has been voted best Grand Prix of the year on here multiple times - and one of the biggest advocates for it being a great circuit on here has been me, usually because I wrote the intro thread. Like I said I was being flipant because it was an easy joke to make.

During your search through my posting history I'm sure you found that a lot

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i swear RasputinLives i just stumbled upon that. trying to find a picture from watching F1 on my holidays for your point about F1 in 2019 & couldn't resist a bit of a wind up LOL ♥

Last edited:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i thought id gloated my view. but as it turns out no i didnt. but i at least i didnt leave empty handed :D

anyway after a massive tangent. i liked the Hungary last season but then i was watching it live (with watching European live its extremely rare for me) & in a bar in tenerife. probally did make it more enjoyable.
(infamous picture)
20200720_231901.jpg

i am stupidly loyal to point i know Mercedes will win every race this season & Hamilton will equal Schumacher championships & break his race wins in sochi or 1st gp of next batch. i will still watch every qualifying & race this season. im the person that never missed a home game under david weir or nigel adkins which as sheff utd fan was low as weve been in 40yrs

Last edited:

olegg

Race Winner
It was only pole, win and fastest lap olegg as Max Verstappen led for 1 lap. None the less though it was another dominant win for Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton today.
I was wrong.
You are right.
Verstappen was leading on the lap 4.
That is Hamilton still has 6 Grand Slams left

Top Bottom