Grand Prix 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Welcome to the final PQR thread for 2020 and the first design-your-own.

Pick and choose the bits you want to read and post about.

Or you can read a proper write up here: Grand Prix - 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The important bit first - human rights:

Previous GP discussion, etc.:

Circuit history, result, and records:

Chit chat, blah blah:
Hamilton may not make the race due to COVID-19, so Russell may get another drive.
Or maybe they'll just put a tub of lard in the car, a la Have I Got News For You.

Will Bottas underwhelm again?

Will Vettel even bother to turn up this time?

Enjoy.

And there will be certain people on here kicking off because they thought Russell should have been in that seat for this weekend....

Can't imagine who that would be... :whistle:
To be honest other than Bottas needs to finish 2nd . Would Hamilton move over to let him finish 2nd?

Last edited:
Big deal.

Mercedes have already won the constructors so it won't make any difference.

At this stage everyone knows what kind of driver Bottas is.

Big deal.

Mercedes have already won the constructors so it won't make any difference.

At this stage everyone knows what kind of driver Bottas is.
Which is why finishing 2nd is his only saving grace ...for now at least. It still matters to Merc that they are 1-2 in the championship

FP3. we all know about sandbagging particularly from Mercedes, they are masters of it. but 8 tenths, even i think thats alot to find before qualifying

F1Brits_90 - they should have kept Russell... ;)
I do wonder if there's a reason why Mercedes and Hamilton were so keen to be at the final race... Given that Hamilton still hasn't agreed a contract, I do wonder if Mercedes are lining up for an announcement straight after the race - either to announce Hamilton's retirement, or to announce a new 3 year contract... If Hamilton wasn't there, they couldn't do either...

1607785597643.png

i can see why because at least now hamilton can keep race fit. & not make the 4 month gap. a 5 month gap. bit annoyed for lewis. look like he would be easily on pole but then mustve lost 1/4 second in that scruffy final sector & it cost him pole

again more impressive driving from verstappen. he never has a car consistently on Mercedes level but he is always competive, the fact he has a shot at 2nd in championship despite the car unreliability & bad luck of being taken out of races. is quite incredible

There is a fair chance Lewis will win this. Bottas will botch the start. And Verstappen will run out of tire tread early.

I think Hamilton will struggle towards the end of the race with fatigue and concentration.

I get why he wanted to drive but he would have been better off sitting it out.

Hamilton says he is not fully fit because it can take a while to get back to peak condition so Bottas should beat him tomorrow you d think

By Hamiton returning I guess it was to help take the pressure off Bottas and bat away further questions that it would be a shootout for a seat in 2022 especially if Hamilton said he wanted to race but was told not to

Last edited:
Toto said Bottas will be driving for Merc in 2021 and he is loyal to both drivers and the young drivers.

Had Russell thrashed him again it would be hard to convince his bosses that Bottas is the right man in one of the cars

Back
Top Bottom