3 great races in a row, we are being spoiled at the moment.Also it has taken 5 years for a driver to beat Hamilton in a wet race.
Nice summary my friendWeird race...but pretty entertaining. A few takeaways
1. The only driver in the top three teams that did not spin was Vettel.
2. Driver of the day was Kvyat (who also did not spin).
....a. Verstappen spun.
....b. Vettel went from 20th to 2nd in a superior car
....c. Kvyat went from 14th to 3rd in an inferior car - so I give it to Kvyat
3. Not sure who else did not spin, crash, or run into their teammate (a weekly occurrence at Haas).
4. Good run from Stroll. Clever strategy, unlike Mercedes, Ferrari or even Red Bull
5. Sainz went off track and least three times and spun once. Still got 5th.
6. Albon: Hard not to like this kid or his driving
7: Kimi: He spun...but he looked good in the first half of the race
8: Giovinazzi: guessing he spun once or twice.
9. Hamilton: Surprised he did not get back up in the points by the end of the race. It looks like he gave up.
10. Now what is the argument for retaining Bottas again? I would replace him with Ocon.
11. Gasly repeatedly looked out of the depth at multiple times during the race. It is probably time to swap Kvyat for Gasly.
12. Hulkenberg: What can a say. Good driver...never gets the big results.
13: Leclerc: He is very good, but he still kind of looks like a "#1.5" driver. Really not quite ready to be a "#1" yet.
14. Verstappen: Two race wins this season, and he was a major part of why they both happened (although luck and Mercedes falling by the wayside helped).
Lol..pretty much... But Kvyat always had the speed, same as MadMax. Just needed some finessingSo the driver who was demoted from Red Bull because he wasn't up to the pace of Danny Ric is being touted as the man to return to Red Bull to replace a driver who isn't as quick as the driver who replaced the driver who is now being touted for promotion back to Red Bull.
Hey, I always knew Kubica would pull it all together !!!I’ve just seen that the Saubers, sorry Alfa Romeos have been penalised 30 seconds each, leading to Hamilton finishing 9th, and Kubica getting his first points since his return to F1...
I was glad Kvyat got another drive, let's not forget he was punted from RB because Vettel ran off to Horner (when he still had some parting sway with him) and had a whine.Kvyat always had the speed, same as MadMax. Just needed some finessing
Did DC really think that was unfair? I watched the Sky coverage so managed to miss that gem. That's got to be an example of one of the clearest cut penalties I can think of!As for the penalty Hamilton got, DC felt it was unfair and said what else could he have done? He should have continued on and have gone round again then come in next lap is the simple answer. Sure he'd have lost a lot of time but if he'd done that his pit crew would have been ready for him and he wouldn't have got a penalty. That bollard rule is there for a reason, you can't decide some rules you will enforce and some you won't!