Grand Prix 2019 German Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So onwards we got to what has become the annual Hamilton/Mercedes lap of honour. After victory in his home country was secured Lewis now turns his eyes to a nice bit of PR for his team at the Hockenheimring. The once great Hockenheim is not what it was and isn't the most exciting track in the world (the stadium section is alright I guess) but we should feel lucky to have a German Grand Prix at all really given recent history. Once again we are predicting this will the last race at this circuit and that it will drop off the calendar next year. But as with Silverstone this seems to be said every year. I wouldn't say I would miss the track but not having a German Grand Prix with such German involvement but going to Viet Nam would be beyond mental.

Compeating to come second to Lewis Hamilton this weekend will be Valteri Bottas -just starting his mid-season slump, Charles LeClerc - trying not to become Jean Alesi, Max Verstappen - got his sensational win for the season under his belt, and Sebastian Vettel - coming off the back of his worst run of results in a decade. I can't say I'm that excited about it all but it might be interesting I guess. Mercedes 1-2 all the way.

Midfield is interesting. Gasly needs to jump out of it. Sainz and Norris need to continue the Mclaren revival. Haas need a new car. Renault need some results and George Russell needs to just keep doing what he's doing.

Not the greatest write up I know but I'm afraid life has got in the way - over F1Brits_90 who has some stuff he'd like to add.

Last edited:
Is anyone else irritated by the noise they have added when the lights come on? I don't see why they needed to do that, not at all!

Can they fix the lights in time? I imagine they will but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they can't.

Is anyone else irritated by the noise they have added when the lights come on? I don't see why they needed to do that, not at all!

Can they fix the lights in time? I imagine they will but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they can't.

yeah it can be annoying but its all about liberty trying to create drama

Oh my god there were some loud beeps! That will make me forget the racing is crap.

Well played Liberty Media, well played!

I know its like last season when you knew the race had gotten dreadful, when they started with all the facts like how eau rouge is height of 3 double decker buses. which I really missed Verstappen & Leclerc was gripping an all but how many trees are in the styrian forest

hot then
20190726_095056.png

Since Grosjean has done an installation lap and has just gone out on track again that all this talk of him not racing this weekend is accepted to be journalists inventing stories where there are none?

Since Grosjean has done an installation lap and has just gone out on track again that all this talk of him not racing this weekend is accepted to be journalists inventing stories where there are none?

Seems so Bill Boddy. As I've said before, some of the don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good story ;)

I wouldn't blame the journalists. They've been fed the information by Toto Wolff to keep ocon's name in the press. If you remember this time last year, at this very Grand Prix, Vandorne was not going to be racing with Sainz switching early and Ocon taking the Renault drive. It's all comes from the same source.

The year before that Whrelein was replacing anyone who had half a bad Grand Prix every other weekend.

Last edited:
Well, in their defense, they actually really don't have much else to talk about. It is not like there is a dramatic build up to an exciting championship finish. Hell, there really isn't even a good silly season.

Merc suffered from overheating in Austria right? Could pose a similar issue for them again...

Except the heatwave there is due to break before the race sadly for us.

I see Gasly has crashed again, oh dear.

Bill Boddy Well you're going to have wait to August to find out who will drive for Mercedes next season alongside Hamilton because apparently its either Bottas, Ocon or ... Verstappen

As for the story around Grosjean , you have to be honest Haas as a team if they want to move forward they need to think about replacing one or both drivers. Grosjean's performances has been getting worse last season he turned it round very late season and I am not sure what more they can get out of him. Supposedly the driver at Haas is suppose to give him a shot at getting a Ferrari drive they would have gotten him to replace Kimi if he was good by now. I just don't see his career going anywhere other than maybe trying to get himself a seat at Sauber or WIlliams which is going to the back end of the grid

As for Ocon - If he does not have a PR machine behind him then he will be quickly forgotten like JEV or Sam Bird would be

Back
Top Bottom