Grand Prix 2019 German Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
Is anyone else irritated by the noise they have added when the lights come on? I don't see why they needed to do that, not at all!

Can they fix the lights in time? I imagine they will but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they can't.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Is anyone else irritated by the noise they have added when the lights come on? I don't see why they needed to do that, not at all!

Can they fix the lights in time? I imagine they will but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they can't.
yeah it can be annoying but its all about liberty trying to create drama

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
Oh my god there were some loud beeps! That will make me forget the racing is crap.

Well played Liberty Media, well played!

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I know its like last season when you knew the race had gotten dreadful, when they started with all the facts like how eau rouge is height of 3 double decker buses. which I really missed Verstappen & Leclerc was gripping an all but how many trees are in the styrian forest

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
Since Grosjean has done an installation lap and has just gone out on track again that all this talk of him not racing this weekend is accepted to be journalists inventing stories where there are none?

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
Since Grosjean has done an installation lap and has just gone out on track again that all this talk of him not racing this weekend is accepted to be journalists inventing stories where there are none?
Seems so Bill Boddy. As I've said before, some of the don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good story ;)

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
I wouldn't blame the journalists. They've been fed the information by Toto Wolff to keep ocon's name in the press. If you remember this time last year, at this very Grand Prix, Vandorne was not going to be racing with Sainz switching early and Ocon taking the Renault drive. It's all comes from the same source.

The year before that Whrelein was replacing anyone who had half a bad Grand Prix every other weekend.

Last edited:

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
Merc suffered from overheating in Austria right? Could pose a similar issue for them again...

rufus_mcdufus

Champion Elect
Temperatures aren't looking too bad for the weekend. Race day could be quite cool. Rain is a big possibility though, especially Saturday

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Well, in their defense, they actually really don't have much else to talk about. It is not like there is a dramatic build up to an exciting championship finish. Hell, there really isn't even a good silly season.

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
Merc suffered from overheating in Austria right? Could pose a similar issue for them again...
Except the heatwave there is due to break before the race sadly for us.

I see Gasly has crashed again, oh dear.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Bill Boddy Well you're going to have wait to August to find out who will drive for Mercedes next season alongside Hamilton because apparently its either Bottas, Ocon or ... Verstappen

As for the story around Grosjean , you have to be honest Haas as a team if they want to move forward they need to think about replacing one or both drivers. Grosjean's performances has been getting worse last season he turned it round very late season and I am not sure what more they can get out of him. Supposedly the driver at Haas is suppose to give him a shot at getting a Ferrari drive they would have gotten him to replace Kimi if he was good by now. I just don't see his career going anywhere other than maybe trying to get himself a seat at Sauber or WIlliams which is going to the back end of the grid

As for Ocon - If he does not have a PR machine behind him then he will be quickly forgotten like JEV or Sam Bird would be

Top Bottom