Grand Prix 2019 French Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

It's finally time to bring the discussion surrounding the Canadian GP to a close as the whole band wagon moves back across the pond to the Paul Ricard circuit in France.

I've spent ages trying to come up with the perfect PQR thread for this GP.

After much thought. I came up with this.

All you need to know about the circuit is here: Circuit Paul Ricard - Wikipedia

Let's hope its a good race.

I seem to remember that last year Vettel was given a 3 places grid penalty when he had a similar situation with Sainz in FP2 in Austria. Maybe someone will remember this and give us more info.
It's only yours fantasy...
upload_2019-6-22_22-55-0.png

i know that they finished 19th & 20th. that the gap between 1st Hamilton & 18th stroll . was the same was 18th Stroll & 19th Russell. would it be weird to say i thought Williams had there best qualifying session of the year & by their standards i was impressed

Sometimes I am glad I only get highlights, it saves me having to watch the whole thing, I think this race might be one of those times.

Agreed Angel. At least with the highlights you get all the entertaining bits. Still a pain trying to avoid the result before watching though especially with all the notifications on your phone trying to be 'clever' on your behalf!

With race start times being pushed back later and later it is getting to the stage here in Aus that watching a replay is getting to be standard for me 90% of the time.
Tonights race is a 11.10pm race start for eastern Australia.

Once the race starts there is no looking at twitter or even emails, I've been caught out by friends and family telling me something I don't want to know. So it's a media blackout until I've seen the race. I just have to watch out if the news channel is put on as the result often goes along the bottom of the screen, so you can't afford to read that either :rolleyes:

In a couple of races time it will be he British gp which is going to be live for me, I'll probably find it too long and boring then :snigger:

Does anyone know if Gasly's seat is seriously under threat ? C4 are trying to make it out that within Red Bull from either Marko or Horner than Gasly needs to step up . I saw the gap to Verstappen which is 7 tenths in Q3 which is huge although all is not lost as there is the race today but he barely got into Q3 beating Albon.
Webber described the gap as unacceptable and he is in a passenger in the Red Bull

That time from Russell was impressive considering he had 1 session and the other one he had to make way for the 3rd driver and still thrashed Kubica by 0.5 seconds

I will say Johnny Carwash Stroll has hardly moved forward since switching teams in terms of qualifying. Whereas he started 19th or 20th for Williams he is usually 18th because the Williams is simply an awful car.

Anyone notice Le Clerc's tone in his response in that finally he has a decent qualifying session without being screwed over.

I know Channel 4 were trying to make something about Vettel not getting out of Le Clerc's way in doing his lap but I think this time Ferrari have to let Le Clerc run his own race rather than use him as a sacrificial lamb to mess up Mercedes in the race

Harsh penalty on Perez given it was the first lap and he followed the road as designed to eliminate any advantage. What else was he supposed to do? Where else was he supposed to go?

Back
Top Bottom