Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

26 minute interview with Ross is now on the sky website. I urge everyone to watch it.

Sky Sports Exclusive: Ross Brawn ready to change Formula 1

This post probably doesn't need to be in this thread but...

Very informative, one point that Ross made that made me think..... (yes you can smell burning)

It was something along the line of F1 being a meritocracy and how the best 20 driver in the world should be on the grid.

What with Liberty Media being American and wanting 20+ "Superbowls" per season. Could we see a draft for drivers and teams soon?

C572cRBXEAA8nVR.jpg

Pre-season testing in Barcelona 1: drivers laps stats
Driver - Laps
Bottas - 324
Vettel - 267
Hamilton - 233
Raikkonen - 200
Ericsson - 194
Verstappen - 174
Grosjean - 169
Magnussen - 169
Giovinazzi - 151
Hulkenberg - 150
Palmer - 143
Perez - 121
Ricciardo - 119
Stroll - 110
Vandoorne - 106
Massa - 103
Alonso - 101
Kvyat - 99
Ocon - 86
Sainz - 83
Celis - 66

Pre-season testing in Barcelona 1: teams laps stat
Team - Laps
Mercedes - 557
Ferrari - 467
Sauber - 345
Haas - 338
Red Bull - 293
Renault - 293
Force India - 273
Williams - 213
McLaren - 207
Toro Rosso - 182

Pre-season testing in Barcelona 1: engines laps stat
Engine - Laps
Ferrari - 1150
Mercedes - 1043
Renault - 768
Honda - 207

From the list of times the most worrying thing for Mclaren is they are 3 seconds slower than the fastest car on the fastest tyre

They were the slowest down the straight but Barcelona is a track that tests aero efficiency if anything else so it can't be down to the engine itself

Looks like they are back to 2015 season situation being nearly 5 seconds slower :teary::facepalm::rolleyes::o:disappointed:

How long before Alonso snaps or HOnda throw in the towel?

Are we shocked?

No, we are not shocked.

At least with tyres that don't degrade the drivers can push every lap. Remember they said that when we had tyres that degraded quickly. Remember they said they hated not being able to push hard all the time.

Hmmmmm.

I heard drivers have said Overtaking might be more difficult. But i dont get that idea because Surely it will be easier to overtake than 2016 yes their will be less degradation but at least now in theory drivers will at least be able to follow each other like the old bridgestones decade + ago. As how many times were drivers told to not get to get close because tyres going off in Dirty air like shanghai do ypu mind leaving a 2 sec gap Or austin last yr when lewis was praised for winning not racing
----------------------------------------------

Alonso you do have to wonder whether he will go on a summer break & not come back. If this mclaren is as bad as is rumoured or just announce he's leaving Mclaren, sometime around italy. Because F1 got 1 of the greatest drivers of the last 15yrs wasted in the midfield

Last edited:
I wonder to what extent - if any - did the power battles and unrest that took place behind the scenes last year at McLaren hamper their preparations for this season?

Back
Top Bottom