Poll 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Brilliant gamesmanship all race. Lewis trying the only thing he could, backing Nico into the pack. But Nico showed his class and soaked up the pressure. Just a great finish.

Nico You Are World Champion. :1st:

New world champions need a big 10.

8. Generally excellent but a bit frustrating, and the cutting away at tense moments to see what Rita, Paris, Roger or whoever were doing lost a point (and nearly my fist through the TV)

9. had me on the edge of my seat. Would have been 10 if Vettel had gone "take that you ****" on the radio as he went past Max.

Driver of the day is the world champion Nico Rosberg, had everything thrown at him today and came out tops. Killer move on Verstappen too.

A 9 after saying Abu Dhabi has been producing rubbish races thank goodness Hamilton had the mindset to slow the pace down and make life uncomfortable and Ferrari/ Vettel for once getting their strategy right

I gave it a 1. It's not because of the race but because of the championship outcome. If ever there was a year when the best driver didn't win, this is it. Lewis won more races, despite having the bulk of the unreliability. Mercedes basically gifted that championship to Rosberg on a silver platter and even then he barely won it.

The reliability issue can happen but it just seems everything thrown at Rosberg this year he has had luck on side and been more consistent this season which is what you need to be champ. So credit where its due

The reliability issue can happen but it just seems everything thrown at Rosberg this year he has had luck on side and been more consistent this season which is what you need to be champ. So credit where its due

If you exclude the races where Lewis was DNF due to mechanical failure, you will find Lewis was the more consistent driver.

Batman Lewis was the faster driver no doubt but it has happened many times before where the steadier , and consistent driver wins the championship like Mansell vs Piquet 1987 for example

You have to feel for Lewis but he needs to regroup and come back stronger

If that exact race had played out at Interlagos I'd have given a 7, but only a 5 from me. Abu Dhabi Don't.

Last few laps were good.

Lewis made some awful starts at the beginning of the season but the team and Lewis made some changes and they have all been good since then, so I suspect there was something on the car that made it difficult to launch in a predictable manner

True but drivers are individuals and have unique needs for certain adjustments. Schumacher had a longer throttle pedal travel than Barichello because that suited his style of driving. It would make far more sense to just make the adjustment to suit a driver than to point at the team mate and say "Rosberg managed it"

Back
Top Bottom