MotoGP 2015 Season

Its news to Great Britain because they have not any motorcycling world champions since Barry Sheen . Scott Redding could have been Moto2 champ a few seasons back.

I am not counting any Superbike champions because the competition tends to be inferior.

Its good for Britain because they are up against Spain, Italy and Japan who put more funding into motorcycling. For the first time in ages I'd say Britain for the first time have a pool of top quality riders that can mix it with the best

Never mind the silly season. The actual season's lready two races old and no-one's done a thread yet. So who will do the honours then? Will it have to be me?!...Bloody 'ell, do I have to do everything around here? <grumblegrumble>....

Incubus I was asking that seeing Lorenzo looks like he is at his peak but a crash in the last race and his two other challengers took advantage

I missed the last race where the Ducatis took each other out and two podiums:spank::spank::spank::bangfists::bangfists::bangfists::oops::oops::oops:

Now there is talk where Stoner will race or even Lorenzo moving to Ducati?

As for the Brits.. Bradley Smith has got himself a factory ride and lets hope its not a dud. Cal Crutchlow has had two retirements and is finding the Honda a handful

Well everyone in the paddock seems to think the signing of Vinales is a formality.

Besides quite frankly it doesn't matter whether he proves any good at Yamaha. I mean, come on! His name is Maverik Vinales.

MAVERIK!!!

VINALES!!!!

With aname like that he just HAS to get a top ride!

I love that name, it just screams fast.
With Jorge going to Ducati there was talk of Pedrosa to Yamaha and Crutchlow to Honda.
Pity Cal keeps dropping the ball :(
Does anyone think Sam Lowes can get the Moto2 crown this year?

Bill Boddy Wishful thinking I see although I see your logic that the Spanish sponsors want a Spanish rider within that team.. they are more likely to go for Pedrosa

Incubus I think Vinales will get it given how he is blowing Alex Espargaro in the Suzuki. Pol Espargaro might be now finally showing us some of his abilities but I think he' s rooted to Tech 3 Yamaha until another team wants a Spanish rider

Dizzi

Are you sure Cal could get promoted to the Works Team because he's had 4 crashes in 5 races . I don't know if that is down to the bike where he's having to over compensate this or he's simply not riding well

I tell you who might be after Cal's ride would be possibly Dovioszo who has ridden Honda's and Iannone as one has to make way for Jorge

It would be great achievement if Sam Lowes can win the Moto2 crown but he is certainly improved a lot. Does he not have a contract for a ride with Gresini Moto GP in 2017?

Il_leone I agree with you about Cal, that's what I meant about him crashing so much. Brits not doing so well this year although I'm cheering on Sam (and the others!)

On a sad note RIP Malachi Thomas, so young. My thoughts are with his family.

It seems Pedrosa's been given a another two years, so that leaves us with the question of who will partner Lorenzo at Ducatti and Rossi at Yamaha.

I've got a feeling things aren't looking too rosy for either Dovi or The Maniac...

...and just as I posted this I now see that Dovi' s been given a contract extension and he'll be the one to partner Lorenzo.

Tough on Iannone but it appears those early season crashes have sealed it for him, even though not all of them were his fault...

I am sorry but Dovi is a journeyman..he was Lorenzo's old 250cc rival and started out in Moto GP at the same time but Jorge is a class above him

Dovi gets the factory rides but he has not delivered the results..and Iannone should be the one staying

----------

Pedrosa will probably never be champ since Marquez is on the other bike and the years of taking falls is probably catch up with him but he stays at Honda because its heavily backed by Repsol and got sponsors from Red Bull !

Cal has not done enough to warrant a promotion

At Yamaha its probably Vinales rather than P Espargaro seems to be the talk

Well here we are. The deals are now in place. Vinales is off to Yamaha, Iannone to Suzuki,

Intriguing line-ups on the horizon for next year...

It's the "succession plan" that I've been hoping for, final WC for Valentino followed by swansong year as mentor to Maveric before a switch to F1 where he supports JB to WDC at Williams in '18 & '19 before taking the title himself in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom