MotoGP 2015 Season

No, Rossi did not kick Marquez, he did not even push him with that flying foot, in fact what you did not see was that alien pushing Marquez who had got in the way of his flying saucer.

Rossi allowed himself to get mixed up in silly games with Marquez, he could have steered clear of him without any loss to himself, but no, he had to crowd him. No wonder Marquez was the best ream mate that Lorenzo has ever had.

Rossi did allow himself to get involved in the silly games, and he shouldn't have done. Had he not, he'd probably be champion now. But I still don't think he kicked,

No, don't think he kicked either.At a certain camera angle you can see that Marquez touched the leg of Rossi with his head, which gets pushed of the footrest.

A bitter pill to swallow

Well here is a bit of conspiracy from an Italian Journalist

I'll say this if I was Honda team manager I would be very disappointed that one of my riders did not go for the win seeing there is nothing to gain from allowing a Yamaha rider beat you regardless who it maybe

Hmmm, really tough to see exactly what happens.

The stewards seem convinced though.

Shitty way for the championship to be decided.
Just thinking of that happening in F1 makes me shudder.

Don't think the stewards will do anything because its in Spain plus disqualifying Marquez is not enough for Rossi to secure the title as he will only move up to 3rd and lose the championship by 2pts

Unless someone comes forward and said they took a bribe to throw the race away like they do in a cricket match then I don;t see much can be done

However Marquez's reputation has gone down quite a lot and he's now public enemy No 1 in Italy

I would say Rossi's mind games on Marquez in Malaysia backfired but then Marquez behaved like a bad loser blaming the aggressive overtake in Argentina for costing him a chance of being in the title fight

The season will show Marquez has had 6 retirements including crashes compared to the Yamah riders who have had none. its fair to say Honda's bike this season was not the best or the performance advantage was not so great such that Rossi and Lorenzo can make a difference with their more nimble and agile Yamaha

I don't really see what Marquez did wrong there. Was he supposed to not race and just let Rossi through? There was some great racing before the incident and it seems odd that some people would prefer it had never happened.

Some of the back markers at the start of the Valencia race didn't look like they didn't wanted to hold Rossi up too much!

Hmmm, really tough to see exactly what happens.

The stewards seem convinced though.

----------------------------------

From what the stewards were saying it wasn't for kicking out that Rossi was penalised for anyway. It was for running Marquez wide and forcing him out in a manner they judged deliberate.

And the fact he looked aacross at him a few times immediately before that did make it look as it was premeditated.

Last edited:
Anyways Honda have rubbished Rossi's claim that Marquez acted like a "Bodyguard " to Lorenzo and was going to attack until Pedrosa started challenging him. I wonder if its genuine or was it not to upset Repsol - the team title sponsors

Interesting that some home fans (possibly Rossi or Pedrosa fans) booed Lorenzo on the podium on Sunday.

I think the Doctor will come back next season very angry and even stronger as long as Yamaha produce a good bike

It was a shame that the season ended that way, I'm not a Lorenzo fan, but it's more the antics between the protagonists that spoiled it for me.
Regarding the punishment of sending Rossi to the back of the grid I stand by my previous view, that both shouldve received the same sanction i.e. Marquez was unable to finish the race so Rossi been disqualified, both were guilty of disrupting the other's race through unsporting behaviour.
2016 will be angry, won,t it? Can't wait.

Rossi is in the twilight of his career, he has lasted much better than most other motorcycle racers but he is not the dominant rider he used to be. If he is going to have a red mist coming over his eyes it is not going to help his cause or results; I suspect that he realises that this year could have been his last chance for a title.

I think Rossi has shown he may not be the fastest anymore but he is one of the best racers come SUnday and using his head a bit more.

Yamaha won't force him out even if the rivalry between himself and Lorenzo escalates again because he is still the biggest drawer in Moto GP

Back
Top Bottom