FIA 2015 race calendar

I have a question:

Wouldn't the television contract contain a specified number of races to be shown? If so, would BE be in violation, and presumably, subject to penalties of some kind?

So Bernie wants more money from Germany, you don't think this is anything to do with a certain fine paid recently....

I believe both the tracks in Germany are owned by the local authority and I can imagine the tax payers being a bit pissed off if they were cutting services in Baden Wurttemberg to pay for Hockenheim to host a Grand Prix. I certainly would if it were East Riding Council shelling out for some sporting event when they are closing libraries and cutting social care.

But wait, what's this? http://letour.yorkshire.com/ - subsidised by the various local authority using my tax pounds. Thanks guys!

That brings back a few memories, especially of the Alpha Road Club two day race. It started at Beverley then went up to Malton (same as day 2 on letour); we then went direct to Pickering and up to Danby as per the tour (second over the top at Rosedale) before taking a slightly different route to Whitby.

I think that I know where I will be the first three days of May, I will be paying out a fair number of pounds into the local economy FB.

Nope he is crazy, there are very few old school race tracks left and he seems intent of getting rid of every single one of them in favour of hospitality units with a race track painted around them...

Bernie will never admit world has changed and he will never adapt. Will destroy the DNA of the locations. Istanbul Park, Korea, even Valencia was aparently act of crime. Next to Azerbaijan.

I think the fact that a brand new single seater series like Formula E can come in and set up races at brand new venues fairly quickly without any of this fuss and in places there are actually people who want to see it (including Germany and the US) and with the promoters turning a profit says something about how the F1 calendar is set up.

All Bernie cares about is bringing in the cash to sustain the system. If Germany can't pay there's a host of countries who will pay. We'll still watch it on TV. It doesn't matter if no one turns up to the track.

I think that if someone were to come up with a series like the Can Am of sainted memory, on the traditional F1 tracks, F1 would disappear overnight.

We would much rather watch, both at the circuit and on television, a "lesser" series on the traditional tracks than F1 on the Tilke tracks that Bernie is so fond of. That is one (of many) reasons why we prefer Le Mans racing to F1 and have for years.

I agree to some extent but it would take various promoters, tracks etc to grow a pair of balls and challenge the almighty one.

Back
Top Bottom