FIA 2015 race calendar

I'm not sure where to put this but this surely is an awful idea?!
CAF4h8EWMAAqJm4.jpg

According to the head of the Hockenheim race track there will be no German GP this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31930827

It's a bloody good job that there isn't two Germans in top teams and a German car maker odds on to win the championship. Otherwise this news could further damage F1's reputation in a major motoring market.

Oh, wait.

By the fact that both GP2 and GP3 have been showing TBA on their calendar in the spot that they should have had the German GP rounds for about a month now I think its been known for a while there would be no German Grand Prix.

Not sure why they've dragged it out in F1 pretending there will be.

They've waited until the season is underway so that now we've got regular F1 races, we're expected to not give a toss. If they'd have announced it last month, it would have been discussed across a number of forums, motorsport press and other outlets.

It's a good week to bury bad F1 news.

The question is, would there be the general desire to fill that slot. I've no doubt it could be done. Magny Cours would be would be another viable alternative.

From Bernie's point of view, money is money so I would imagine he would be happy to get something instead of nothing. The FIA wouldn't be too bothered as there is a date on the calender so if there is something there then that's fine.

I guess it would all come down to the teams. I would imagine they would be more than happy not to race. They'd be less likely to use up an engine allocation for starters. Odds are that there will be a lot of noise for a small test in place of a race. Especially if Merc keep on running away with it.

Last edited:
I imagine that RB would be the most thankful team to have the race not take place since Ricciardo was already using his second engine of the season for the very first race.

I feel cheated, there are people that I meet up with at the German GP. So it's going to be 6 years between me meeting up with the Swedish/Finnish family (we missed out 2 years ago due to problems with the new dates) at the Nurburg Ring. Still I hope to meet up with the Irish again at Monza.

Well, the crowds at Spa and Spielberg are gonna be through the roof this year.

Its a real shame that the "Pinnacle of Motorsport" cannot retain its traditional races, but has no problems getting a race in no-name locations like Baku (which isn't even in Europe imo)

Well, the crowds at Spa and Spielberg are gonna be through the roof this year.

Its a real shame that the "Pinnacle of Motorsport" cannot retain its traditional races, but has no problems getting a race in no-name locations like Baku (which isn't even in Europe imo)

It's not that the pinnacle of motorsport can't retain its traditional races, but more that the traditional tracks can't retain F1 due to the increasingly grasping demands of Herr Ecclestone. The fact that he expects the tracks to pay £20million+ for the right to host a race is obscene. The marketing is completely wrong in F1. Personally, I would like to see F1 paying to use tracks, but then getting the rights to all ticket monies, and any revenue that the tracks currently get. (i.e. Reverse the current system). Then F1 would only race where it is popular, rather than where the circuit can afford to pay top dollar...

In Bernie's world, it appears that the only venue that is sacrosanct is Monaco, because his super-rich friends like to go there.

Back
Top Bottom