Things ... 2015 - 2016 Silly Season. The Drivers Market.

From a continuity point - it makes sense

From a career point - :no: Force India aint going to win a grand prix and rarely will get on the podium unless he knows something we don't about the future of the team

They are a midfield team who can occasionally upset the big boys

Hulkenberg is not going to gain anymore if he beats Perez again ... worse still is if he loses to his teammate if its not Perez ( if true he is going to Lotus and swapping with Maldonado:o!)

Basically Nico did not want to risk a 1 year contract at Haas and hope to get a Ferrari drive which appears to becoming distant
- so it looks like it will be A Rossi and Gutierrez in the cars

he does not think Williams was a good option given their inconsistent season - but they are still beating Force India and have got a solid deal with Merc engines ...maybe he knows Bottas and Massa will be retained

At his stage he needs to prove he is a front runner he's going to be like Nick Heidfeld expecting the top drive which may never come until it is too late

After all the hype this is becoming the most disappointing silly season .

So really the only seats left not confirmed

Williams - no change unless Bottas and the team are really falling out over the Ferrari rumours. Massa will deserves his seat based on this season

Lotus/ Renault - Grosjean is a probably a dead cert and it will be Perez or Pastor>:(

Force India - Perez or Pastor unless Mercedes want Wehrlein in the 2nd car

Manor - depends on which engine they get really

Mclaren - Alonso surely will not walk away , Button looks disillusioned and it aint his fault . Ron will want both Van Doorne and Magnussen racing next season to continue their development

Sad to say it looks like Button could be forced out :givemestrength:

RasputinLives Button has a 2 year contract but Mclaren must excercise by September for him to be retained and apparently it increases his salary from £8m to £12m a year

Given the mire Mclaren are in with no sponsor and poor placing in the constructors it is believed that Mclaren may save money and put one of the young guns in the car.

Unless off course there is an updated confirmation after Spa that confirms otherwise

Basically Nico did not want to risk a 1 year contract at Haas and hope to get a Ferrari drive which appears to becoming distant
- so it looks like it will be A Rossi and Gutierrez in the cars

Whoa, not too fast. Don't forget Vergne, and I've even heard of Vandoorne maybe being in their, although that would likely mean an agreement between Ferrari and McLaren over him using that seat.

soccerman17 If I was Haas I would put either a Mexican or an American in one of the cars at least

The combination of drivers he has left means no one has been doing F1 this year which mean you have inexperience and lacking race sharpness from people who did F1

This looks like a more risky strategy although Rossi it has be to said has timed his form well in GP2 to make a point he wants to be on the grid next year

I definitely agree Il_leone that either Gutierrez or Rossi will be in the car, but not necessarily both like you said. And I believe Haas just said he wanted somebody with F1 experience, didn't have to be somebody with a 2015 drive.

Well Button would be fit the bill but I think even he does not want to waste a season not knowing the competitive level of Haas... I wish Hulkenberg took the offer or Ferrari simply dumped Raikkonen to Haas

rufus_mcdufus

What a wasted silly season this has become

Really no attractive looking drive left and Williams were not going to change their line up with their various sponsors and partners backing them

It also shows Williams are willing to accept for 2nd best to me .

---------------------

So what drives are left not confirmed officially

Force India - Perez// Werhlien/ Maldonado/ Van Doorne or Magnussen

Haas - Rossi/ Gutierrez/ Van Doorn/ Vergne / Magnussen

Mclaren - Button/ Van Doorn/ Magnussen

Manor - Van Doorn/ Magnussen / ?????

Lotus - Grosjean/ Maldonado/ Perez

Well I would not say any of these seats are attractive

Not attractive? Who knows, Haas might be surprisingly good, it would be worth a gamble. It wouldn't be the first time a new team came in and thrashed everyone, if they managed to do it.

No. Even a brief search of F1 teams turns up Alfa Romeo, whose driver, Nino Farina, won the inaugural World Drivers Championship (1950). There was no Constructors' Championship at the time. I'm still looking for more examples.

Back
Top Bottom