Things ... 2015 - 2016 Silly Season. The Drivers Market.

Precisely what I was about to post. Alonso readily admitted once at a press conference a couple of years ago he had a say in team-mate selection so why not Vettel now?

Precisely what I was about to post. Alonso readily admitted once at a press conference a couple of years ago he had a say in team-mate selection so why not Vettel now?

Maybe that was more p!ss and bluster ... posturing ?

Mark Webber was offered the job, but the FIA ruled out his choice of personal number for being non-compliant ....

1a

:bawl:

Im shocked by Ferrari at retaining kimi because im sure I read in autosport that, he said july/ August last yr that he expects 2015 would be his last As autosport reported that kimi Raikkonen is likely to retire from Formula 1 at the end of 2015, when his current deal with Ferrari runs out. When asked what his plans were for the future, and if he saw himself at Ferrari for the long term, Raikkonen said: "Until my contract is finished, and then I will probably stop.

But I think vettels had a big hand in this as he was saying stuff like got to think about drivers affect on team atmosphere/ morale i dont want to gave wrong opinion I love kimi he's comedy gold at times but I find a huge shame as was hoping nico hulkenburg would finally get his long overdue drive at top team as I think he is equal with vettel as best driver to come oyt of Germany since Schumacher in 92

Maybe that was more p!ss and bluster ... posturing ?

------------------------

I remember it quite well and Ihave to say it didn't come across like that at all. Someone at the press conference directly asked whether Ferrari consulted his opinion about team-mates and he just replied "At previous teams never but at Ferrari yes. But they probably wouldn't take it into account anyway."...

I guess Bottas will stay at Williams then. Hopefully Williams can continue improving. It would be a travesty if Bottas turned into another Hulkenberg.

Honestly, since the start of pre-season testing for this year, every picture I've seen of both Ferrari drivers suggests they're getting along very well, even the more candid pictures - if you've got a teammate you enjoy being with, it's going to boost your performance. That being the case, if the two Ferrari drivers are getting along famously, why change it, unless you can find someone more competitive but with the same chemistry?

I remember it quite well and Ihave to say it didn't come across like that at all. Someone at the press conference directly asked whether Ferrari consulted his opinion about team-mates and he just replied "At previous teams never but at Ferrari yes. But they probably wouldn't take it into account anyway."...
Recently Lee asked whether he has any say in the matter, Vettel said something like "not really, no". But it was like how you described actually. I got the impression that they ask but it's not the most important thing for Ferrari making the decision.

Well with this rather lame announcement basically that means the top 4 teams will be unchanged this season

I expect Williams to keep both Massa and Bottas because of Brazilian sponsorship and Valteri has no other serious option and no one wants to pay £15m to sign him

In fact I see now that this could spell the end of Jenson Button's career most definitely given Ron is so eager not to halt the development of Vandoorn and K Mag. Jenson gives the impression he's had enough and does not want to be also ran and realistically Williams was his only shot for one last swan song.

I know Williams have got to please shareholders but I don't think Williams would upset their Brazilian backers and drop Felipe who in fairness deserves another season

Congratulations Kimi Raikkonen you're definitely the new Gerhard Berger in my books ... I don't suppose he took a pay cut to keep his drive like he rubbished a few months ago

Once again Nico Hulkenberg's career has been shafted

In fact I see now that this could spell the end of Jenson Button's career most definitely given Ron is so eager not to halt the development of Vandoorn and K Mag. Jenson gives the impression he's had enough and does not want to be also ran and realistically Williams was his only shot for one last swan song.
-----------------------------------------
Once again Nico Hulkenberg's career has been shafted

I think jenson is having is farewell season barring a miracle because I think after vandoornes performances in gp2 it might realistically kill gp2 off in driver strength in depth as coming 2nd is almost better than winning the thing as at least your racing not sat on sidelines wasting a yr or ending up in sportscars

& also I worry that its nico hulkenburgs final season in f1 as he will be off to LMP 1 with porsche because why would he wallow around in midfield or the unknown with haas that could be good or fighting marussia when he could be fighting for victories in WEC which ive said before could join the list of 1 of the biggest unfulfilled talents as I rate him massively high

Seb on Kimi staying with the team: "It's not my decision, but for sure I was asked for my opinion and I said I'd love to keep working with Kimi."

Another stats for emotion on the "Drivers market" after 10 races 2015

15F108TeamMateFastest.jpg

15F108TeamMateHead2Head.jpg

15F108TeamMateLaps1Sec.jpg

erinha
Seb might be saying something different if Kimi decides to wake up and be ultra competitive next season and beat him more regularly.

Another season where Kimi just soldiers around looking disinterested would make you wonder who made the stupid decision to keep him

The Robertsons ( Kimi's management) must have again managed to be persuasive and conned Ferrari out of a lot of money for the useless performances Kimi puts in
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Button I feel this is the end of the road for him at Mclaren

Hulkenberg snubbed again ! Looks like he may never get a top drive

Unless Bottas - anyone thinks he won't be at Williams next season then . HIs performances have not been stellar this season compared to his teammate. He's being coy about his future and talking openly about the Ferrari situation but I don't see what he has to gain not trying to sort out a future with Williams unless there are things happening at Williams that he is not happy about

Back
Top Bottom