2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Interesting comment from Lauda. Looks like Alonso can't buy his way out unless Ferrari agree. Assuming Lauda is correct.

"Alonso is very frustrated because for years he is driving a car that does not work.
"Right now he cannot go to McLaren because he has a contract. If you have a contract with Ferrari you cannot leave unless they allow you."
I believe Kimi managed it!

After money changed hands? So not too difficult, if there is a desire. Would Ferrari really want to hold on to a driver who doesn't want to be there though?

I'd say yes until they have another household name to put in his place. Ferrari pride says that they should be able to attract a big name, anything less is an admission of failure.

Interesting comment from Lauda. Looks like Alonso can't buy his way out unless Ferrari agree. Assuming Lauda is correct.

"Alonso is very frustrated because for years he is driving a car that does not work.
"Right now he cannot go to McLaren because he has a contract. If you have a contract with Ferrari you cannot leave unless they allow you."

He bought himself out of his Mclaren contract or I should say Flavio manage to swindle Renault to do it

- Would Honda stump up the money to buy his contract or would Santander bank do it - Alonso is not short of money to do himself either or as someone said tell Ferrari their car is a tow truck and get fired

I'd say yes until they have another household name to put in his place. Ferrari pride says that they should be able to attract a big name, anything less is an admission of failure.

Well would swapping Button with Alonso be sufficient then? I can't see Ferrari getting Vettel unless he has spat with the team for favouring Ricciardo

Il_leone I thought about an Alonso/Button swap, but I think that would still be a tough sell. Yes Button's a WDC and has done ... OK ... at McLaren, but he's hardly one to get the Tifosi molto eccitato, IMO. If I was in Ferrari's shoes I'd try to keep Alonso for at least another year and find a promising young Italian for the other seat and see what I could build. I'd also be doing plenty of focusing on the 2015 car while trying to make sure Alonso wasn't too far out of the hunt this season, but that's a difficult one to balance.

So exactly how many Italians have driven for Ferrari in the last 64 years? And when is the last time an Italian actually did so? It certainly isn't a prerequisite in the tifosi's support belief, they don't care what the nationality of the drivers are, their allegiance is with the team first and foremost the driver is of a minor concern to them and given the car Button is capable of winning races and championships just like all the other top drivers are, it irks me when people undervalue his worth, Jenson would be and is a great asset for any team, he will always maximize the machinery he is given and bring home as many points has he possibly can.

Jenson has had to deal with this kind of nonsense from F1 fans since the first time he stepped into formula one but it's a good job that TP's value his services and actually know what they are talking about when it come down to a drivers worth, I know that Flavio slagged him off and called him a playboy but I wouldn't take that fat twats word for it if he said that water was wet and let face he believes that a thong is appropriate beachwear for a ****ing ugly obese prick.

And besides which Jenson is a very lovely young man.

Last edited:
Il_leone I thought about an Alonso/Button swap, but I think that would still be a tough sell. Yes Button's a WDC and has done ... OK ... at McLaren, but he's hardly one to get the Tifosi molto eccitato, IMO. If I was in Ferrari's shoes I'd try to keep Alonso for at least another year and find a promising young Italian for the other seat and see what I could build. I'd also be doing plenty of focusing on the 2015 car while trying to make sure Alonso wasn't too far out of the hunt this season, but that's a difficult one to balance.

For Ferrari at least get rid of Kimi and show Alonso that Ferrari will make a better job of things in 2015. Kimi needs the gun pointed to his head.. I know he is still feeling the effects of Silverstone but he has so far been the major disappointment of the season

Swapping Alonso and Button would not be a bad move for either teams.

Last Italian to drive for Ferrari was FIsi back in 2009 and he took over from poor old Look-how-bad-you-are who was 15 years past his prime

Italians seems to get the raw deal driving for Ferrari...if anything Ferrari should consider Hulkenberg or Grosjean

Of those two I'd go for Hulkenberg any day, although Grosjean gives off hints of high quality when the car is working. Bottom line is that Ferrari aren't doing well and as a result seem to have lost some of their passion, or at least it appears that way to me, and they need something to get their mojo back. Certainly Kimi doesn't seem to have brought it back, in fact surprisingly it seems to have been one of the poorer decisions of the season, and I certainly hadn't seen that coming as I like Kimi a lot.

given the car Button is capable of winning races and championships just like all the other top drivers are, it irks me when people undervalue his worth, Jenson would be and is a great asset for any team, he will always maximize the machinery he is given and bring home as many points has he possibly can.
Button's a fine driver and in the "best of the rest" group, but he's not in the very top tier IMO, and that would appear to be the opinion throughout F1. I appreciate you like Button as much as you - constantly, vociferously and tiringly - dislike Hamilton, but their difference in value seems to be apparent. Ferrari's problem is that even with a top tier driver their car is still a bit of a pig, so they need to come up with something to get back into the groove. I don't know 100% what that is, but then neither do they it would seem.

I do not dislike Hamilton I am just not a fan of his that's all and that is my choice, if he wins the WDC this year then goof on him if he doesn't then won't bother me, there is a massive difference between disliking someone and not supporting that person.

I have always said it is not Lewis I have a problem with it is some of his over vociferous fans that are the problem in my book.

But this opinion has been stated time and time again not just by me but by many, many others even by some of Hamilton's fans themselves and yet it is totally ignored by the hard core, being overly smitten with someone is a massive turn off for most people and it doesn't do Lewis any favours whatsoever.

I don't know why I'm bothering to even say this it has been said before and it will be said again and again and yet it will still be ignored even though it is the truth of the matter.

Once again I will state that:

It is NOT Lewis people who are F1 fans but not his fan have the problem with..

Last edited:
Although you have said on occasion "see this is what I don't like about Lewis" or something to that effect.

So you basically don't like his fans that think he's better than he is and can do no wrong, yes? Sense of hypocrisy there...

I think Lewis Hamilton ... wait, what?

Ok, seriously ... Hulkenberg would be my first option. However there's plenty of talented young drivers out there to pick from; Riccardo and Bottas to mention a couple that are doing great at the moment. Eventually Alonso will go and at that moment Vettel will know he can't resist anymore to join the dark side.

Ricciardo is actually a very interesting option. How long is he locked into his contract with RB?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom