2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Eric Boullier standing firm on Alonso (happy with current drivers, assessing options, considering long term plan, and not aware if Alonso has terminated his Ferrari contract). What's amazing is whilst we've all been hearing stories of a breakdown in communications between Ferrari and Alonso no one even considered that it could have been caused by them hiring Vettel! Did Ferrari just go behind Fernando's back and sign him?

Could Alonso stay at Ferrari? If he puts his foot down and says he wants to then they have two drivers with contracts that they have to do something about, I'm also not sure saving money is Ferrari's top priority. The question then seems to be whether Alonso would accept Vettel as his team mate, again assuming the Vettel deal has been made before Alonso had stated any intentions. He accepted Raikkonen last year (albeit rather coldly) and then proceeded to absolutely crush him, but Vettel is a different proposition, being much younger.

Hang on a minute! It hasn't even been confirmed that Vettel is going to Ferrari yet! So could he be going to McLaren? Well it would surely be unthinkable for him to leave Red Bull without having a team in place and McLaren haven't flinched once when being asked by their new drivers. Again, either Eric Boullier should be a poker player or McLaren have not yet sorted out their drivers. Vettel would fit the "long term plan" that McLaren keep talking about better, though, so although Ferrari seems much more likely who knows?

I really wasn't expecting all this to happen but it spices up 2015 quite nicely. It leaves the Red Bull family with two incredibly inexperienced teams (at least assuming Vergne still leaves Toro Rosso) and without a big name driver (which Ricciardo can't yet claim to be after one season, in my opinion). Shame we won't get to see Vettel try to beat Daniel though.

SV and FA at McLaren Honda. Thats the smart money.

That Honda should be the best engine next year. They have had time to look at what everyone else has done and then build something better.

Indeed FB very interesting interview with Alonso on Sky. Are we missing the big bomb. He is looking for his best chance to win, and it will move the market, he has been working on it for many months.

Alonso to Mercedes?

Niki Lauda just say 'vettel walked up to Horner at 9.30pm last night and said I am leaving'
Niki also said they are not changing drivers they have LH and NR next year. And currently negotiating to extend Lewis contract for another 2 or 3 years beyond 2015.

Last edited:
Interesting interviews on sky.
Niki said Alonso to Merc isn't happening.
Niki has also said FA was 'released' from his contract on Thursday.
Interestingly Lewis said he knew about FA leaving and wasn't surprised.
Redbull have filled both seats with the two Dans.
So Alonso's only options for a top team is now McLaren.
So the big question is will Seb go to Ferrari or take on Alonso at McLaren.

So the BBC, and especially Eddie Jordan, seem adamant that the moves are going to be -

Seb to Ferrari
Fernando to McLaren
Jenson to retire
Kvyat to RBR to join Ricciardo (seems a definite)
Possibility mentioned of Hulkenburg going to race Porsches.

But are they right? Seb to Ferrari looks almost a done deal. Alonso to McLaren, still not sure myself.

Last edited:
So the BBC, and especially Eddie Jordan, seem adamant that the moves are going to be -

Seb to Ferrari
Fernando to McLaren
Jenson to retire
Kvyat to RBR to join Ricciardo (seems a definite)
Possibility mentioned of Hulkenburg going to race Porsches.

But are they right? Seb to Ferrari looks almost a done deal. Alonso to McLaren, still not sure myself.
RBR have stated that Seb told them he's signed for Ferrari.

Apparently Seb told Horner he was leaving on Friday and this arose about because Alonso had his contract terminated by Ferrari on Thursday night because he could not get guarantees .. clearly he fell out with the new management but he did have a clause in his contract to walk if they were not in top 3 of constructors championship

I was thinking ALonso to Red Bull which would make sense because Red Bull need the strongest pairing around against Merc and Vettel at Ferrari

Then the stories seems to be Alonso to MClaren Honda because Red Bull have already covered their contingency plan.

At first I was going to say JEV was suddenly going to get promoted but it appears he has been overlooked for Dani Kyvat.. which is in absolute kick in the balls

So Carlos Sainz Jnr suddenly gets his chance in F1 just when a month ago it was stolen under his feet by Max Verstappen

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mclaren Honda is not as clear cut for Alonso as the issue with Ron is there but clearly is a gamble and last throw of the dice for him. Some think Vettel has got the better deal and Alonso could have achieved more if it was not for decisions he makes based on pure impulse and not thinking long term

Two titles is a travesty for the best all round driver in the last 10 years and he probably knows this is last chance to add one more title

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29487931

You have to wonder who advised him to leave Ferrari or whether he was pushed

It appears that Jenson Button will quit F1 as there are only teams at the back unless Lotus would seriously consider Jenson with the hope of getting sponsors because he is a world champion

--------------------

Vettel will be partnered by Kimi which must :censored: people off and one would expect the Iceman will be crushed into retirement unless Kimi decides to wake up next season

Back
Top Bottom