2013 US TV coverage

This sounds really bad... I will be moving to the US before the start of next season. Is there anything better on the horizon or should I keep my sky subscription and use Sky Go (somehow)?

NBC has the rights for the foreseeable future I believe. The best bet is to watch a Sky stream, as there are more and more reliable streamers every year with respectable quality.

KekeTheKing - I was shocked just like you. I couldn't believe it when they cut straight to par fermé. I thought my DVR had messed up at first.

I'm still enjoying the NBCsports coverage but I really think they dropped the ball quite a bit this weekend.

I'm somewhat surprised FOM doesn't force the US TV carriers of F1 to cover the sport in a similar way to the European networks. If I recall correctly ITV used to have to start covering the race 1 hour before it started and qualifying at least 30 minutes before the kick off. Sky is obviously in a different place as they have a dedicated channel so we get more coverage than we probably need.

You have my sympathy ladies and gentlemen in the US. Is the coverage of Indycar and Nascar as feeble?

Curling.

Curling?

I'm hardly an expert but I'm given to understand that in at least 49 of the Unites States, the only "curling" they engage in is a treatment for women's hair.

I should note that when NBCsports does not show Live qualifying, they usually air it on CNBC, which is what they did yesterday, and presumably last week as well. My DVR is set to record from NBCsports so that is why I experienced that nightmare editing scenario. I might have to check and see how they mangled yesterday's coverage, as I watched Sky's broadcast...

My mate in the states sent me an expectorant-spattered E-Mail to tell me NBC had aired the GP of Brazil on tape delay in favour of a live footie match. :snigger: At least it wasn't curling.

...Is the coverage of Indycar and Nascar as feeble?
My understanding it it is not. NASCAR pre-empts most everything. F1, unlike NASCAR, does not enjoy protection under the 1° Amendment to the US Constitution (freedom of religion).

The Brazil GP was live on NBC (the home network) and was shown again later on NBCSN (the normal home for F1). I hate it when they jump around like that. Just keep it on one channel and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom