2013 US TV coverage

Lewywo4 similar problem to you. I already knew who one I didn't have the willpower you did. But I forgot to DVR the early-morning race so I recorded the reaired one that was at 3. And I got the end of the IndyCar race which was nice. However I didn't get the end of the F1 race! Two and a half goddamn hours of coverage and you can't show the whole race. This is the reaired version mind you. Didn't even bother to cut off part of the prerace to get all of the actual spectacle in the time slot. The actual race didn't start until an hour in. At least I got to fast forward through all the commercials but I mean I still missed all the good stuff! Much like Speed but more commercials and the dude with the epic voice from the Speed race intros didn't move over :no: And Speed's gonna be gone so all we are gonna have left is F1, IndyCar, and NASCAR crap. No Sportscar racing, Touring Cars from Oz or Britain or Germany, Supercross, Motocross, hell even Monster trucks are gonna be gone. Oh wait I forgot about Drag Racing ESPN shows that too. Great spectacle. You get to wait 5-10 minutes to see two cars race eachother in different lanes for about 4 seconds. And half the time its just qualifying. Bull :censored: Shit. :cheer: Sarcastic Clapping :cheer:

soccerman17.......that's bad news for those of us who enjoy touring cars, if SPEED doesn't continue to cover those series. After F1 the Australian V8 Supercars are a favorite of mine, followed by the DTM, because I love the look and sound of those cars. I personally don't like the look of those cars in the BTTC, but you have to go a long way to beat them for action, and especially the antics of Jason Plato ( a favorite of mine ) and Matt Neal going at each other.......good entertaining stuff.

For quality racing you can't go wrong with the good old BTCC. Those guys go at it hammer and tongs everytime. I am gutted we are losing V8 Supercars, I have really enjoyed watching them over the last three seasons. I really got into the rivalries and battles from that group.

It's such a shame that motorsport coverage is being dumbed down for the masses and not opened up for more viewers.

I am gutted we are losing V8 Supercars, I have really enjoyed watching them over the last three seasons. I really got into the rivalries and battles from that group.

Good news Westy.......SPEED will still cover and start their broadcasting of the Australian V8 Supercars series. Here in the U.S., this Sunday March 31, at 5 o'clock Eastern Standard Time (EST) the Clipsal 500 at Adelaide will be televised on SPEED.

Go out and get some Fosters Westy, and enjoy the race.

I guess NBC Sports let us know where F1 stands on their totem pole today.

They're showing Le Tour de France Live from 730-1130 AM, with a condensed replay from 1130-2. They'll get around to showing F1 qualifying after that. Decided to see what time they'll show the race tomorrow. 1130. It starts at 8.

NBC Sports has definitely overextended themselves. No doubt in my mind. IndyCar, F1, and BPL cant make everybody happy. At least TdF doesnt overlap with BPL and it wont be a problem come winter.

very disappointed with the ad content today... with the race going by so fast they must have quota's to meet ... and the self promo's and little knick knack stories ... do that at the END ... or BEFORE the race ... FFS

doesn't look good on that same basis for Monza ... might get to see 55% of the race...

It really is ridiculous to see them promoting their own shit and showing stupid clips during the GP. And the ad timing is just appalling. I have to have a stream going on the computer while watching because you never know what they'll miss. For instance, they went to an ad break literally seconds before the Maldonado bumper car incident.

NBC Sports is cable. And they wouldn't dream of Ad-Free. Although on some ad breaks they have a little picture in picture box of the race. Thrilling.

Our news media may be crap but at least we have more than one script writer. As far as our Easter Bunny is concerned, I suspect it hopped it to an off shore tax haven quite some time ago.:rolleyes:

All the F1 fans I know from the USA have been livid over the NBC Sports coverage. A couple have told me they think NBC only bought the F1 broadcast rights to try to undermine SpeedTV, and whoever bought them. They think NBC isn't motivated to provide fan-approved coverage because they already have achieved their chief objective merely by weakening the competition.

They do crazy stuff like announcing results to events still waiting to be shown on tape delay, and without a 'spoiler' alert. One American F1 fanatic friend I keep close contact with E-mailed me this weekend to tell me his head had exploded when he learnt NBC wasn't showing the Singapore qualies the day of (choosing instead to show -- SHOCK!! -- a footie match), they delayed them until after midnight on the morning of the race. Not that it mattered, as they were announcing the results at every commercial break anyway.

I too get frustrated with how F1 has been handled in the States. Speed was good, I enjoyed their podcasts. However, I'm not going to bash NBCSN, they are doing a good job. I like their pre and post race coverage (not a match on the glory days of the Beeb, but good). I was upset when they started not showing the qualifying until later as a result of their soccer coverage. However, I understand their decision, they was to branch out and collect more T.V. audience. I am sure they get a higher viewing figure from soccer than F1 qualifying.

That said, the should have qualifying shown live somewhere else. Web? Another channel?

As my wife says "just be glad you can see it at all"

Me - "Yes dear..."

...That said, the should have qualifying shown live somewhere else. Web? Another channel?...
Free practices, too. A number of my USA acquaintances have resorted to watching bootlegged live streaming video over the Interwebs as a habit rather than "rewarding" NBCS for bollocksing the coverage. I do not know how they are doing this (cough, cough) so I can provide no further detail.

As if NBCsports had to prove any further that they couldn't care less for their F1 viewers, they pulled the most ridiculous stunt ever last night. First off, they decided that they couldn't be bothered with showing Live Qualifying coverage of their home GP, so they planned to air it at 6:30. So when I got home at 8:00 at started the recording, I was a bit stunned to see that the US Olympic Curling trials were still on at that time, and then they went on for another 40 minutes or so. I decided to download the Qualifying on the computer at that time because I was sure the end of my recording would get cut off.

I started the Qualifying from the NBCsports recording and planned to watch the rest of the download from where it got cut off. Here's where it gets confusing and absurd. With 10 minutes left in Q2 they went to an ad break on NBCsports, and when they came back, they were showing Vettel getting out of his car talking about another magic Pole lap. I shut it off immediately to try and avoid the other results, which I did, and I enjoyed the BBC coverage until the end, but I couldn't help feel sorry for the person that had to wait until 6:30 to watch Quali, and planned to enjoy it in its entirety, only to see them chop out the most important 20 minutes of all. They made sure to end the coverage at the pre-determined time without any regard to what they edited out, as we still got 25 minutes of mundane post-Quali coverage.

Inexcusable if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom