Football 2013/14 season

Who will win the 2013/14 Premier League?

• Arsenal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff

• Chelsea

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Crystal Palace

• Everton

• Fulham

• Hull

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Man City

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Newcastle

• Norwich

• Southampton

• Stoke

• Sunderland

• Swansea

• Tottenham

• West Ham

• West Brom

• Total voters
I suspect that this time they haven't got the money up front and want to pay in instalments.

On the other hand, if they've got the cash we should bite their hands off. We could name the new stadium after Gareth!

Is now a good time to tell you that the mighty Eagles will hold on for a stunning draw this Sunday ?!

Yes ... ZakYak has ANOTHER reason to watch the Prem ... all because he played a soccer simulation game on the C64 waaaaaay back in the early 80's and took a liking to 'Crystal Palace' ...

The craziness around players now ... I had read that Ronaldo is a pledged asset to a consortia of Spanish banks, most of whom are effectively "govt." controlled ... if they come up with even 70 MM or 80 MM for Bale then Spurs had better bite their hand off ... just look at Dortmund ... Bayern buy out Gotze ... they use that cash to get Mitrayhin and Aubeyamang ... who calmly scores a hat trick on debut ... Bale will end up being just another expensive asset lost in a Spanish superclub ... and Spurs should be setting themselves up as a top 3 club for the next five seasons ...

Last edited:
I am. We can reboot the group if wanted.

Also Dortmund is so smart with their money its ridiculous nobody does it any better than them (at least right now). If anyone has read Soccernomics they use Lyon as a common example as a team using a statistical approach to compete at a very high level with an average budget, and that's what Dortmund is doing, but with even more success. Like where the hell do most of these dudes come from?

Absolutely fell in love with Aubameyang watching the 2012 Olympics. Fell in love with that whole Gabon team to be honest.

Absolutely fell in love with Aubameyang watching the 2012 Olympics. Fell in love with that whole Gabon team to be honest.

I got him on a free transfer from nowhere in the football manager game of 2011/2012, became one of my best players, now he's a star, funny that, usually some randomers turn into stars in the game. :thinking:

Put him on my team in Fifa 13. Instead of ultimate team or anything like that though I just cheat and use the Club Transfers in the Edit Squads. No limitations that way. I do try to keep it at 4.5 stars and not 5. Also Obafemi Martins is an absolute god in Fifa 10 if anyone was interested. Giovinco in '13.

Mourinho has managed the impossible today. He's looked defensive, cynical and dull in comparison to Rafa Benitez.

Hope you lose the title on goal difference...

I thought Chelsea looked pretty good and should have had 6 or 7. The finishing was just poor. Anyone watching the game was entertained, but anybody watching the highlights wasn't.

They were great for 20 minutes, managing to somehow score goals despite Torres being on the pitch, then were eventually overcome by his horrendousness, subbed on Lukaku and Schurrle and almost scored some more.

They would have scored 4 at half-pace; the second half was embarrassingly dull. I can't imagine how one would feel if they'd shelled out £50 for a ticket.

The country is but for some bizarre reason the Kazakhstani Football Federation decided to move to Uefa around 10 years ago. Think it was do with playing better quality teams to improve themselves, but their national team have generally been atrocious in qualifying for major tournaments since they joined. I'd say they've gotten worse and their chances of qualifying for a world cup have actually gotten smaller since they joined.

Bus Stop Chicane - Kazakhstan's chances went from slim to none.

But it cannot be easy to travel further than The Proclaimers and play on an artificial pitch without acclimitisation.

Can see them roaring back at Parkhead - they thrive in those circumstances.

Bristol City beat Crystal Palace and are through to the third round of The League Cup. :)

And now, a few celebratory songs...

And finally..

Thank you for listening... :thumbsup:

Unlucky, MK. 2-1 up away to Sunderland with 3 minutes to go and lost 4-2. We just capitulated.

Back
Top Bottom