Football 2013/14 season

Who will win the 2013/14 Premier League?

• Arsenal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff

• Chelsea

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Crystal Palace

• Everton

• Fulham

• Hull

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Man City

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Newcastle

• Norwich

• Southampton

• Stoke

• Sunderland

• Swansea

• Tottenham

• West Ham

• West Brom

• Total voters
Thanks Bus Stop Chicane. I guess I'm fed up of the disrespect unnecessarily shown to the Europa League. It's seen, on these shores particularly, as an obstruction to a successful league campaign. I don't see that AVB's unbeaten Porto of 2012 and Rafa's La Liga champions Valencia in 2004 experienced that.

Those fans of some of the English teams who played in the UEFA Cup/Europa League - in this year's case Wigan and (the not English) Swansea will rarely see their teams play the likes of Valencia, Lazio, Fiorentina, Feyenoord, Sevilla, Stuttgart, Udinese etc. from other football cultures; and they should be games of a celebratory nature with a chance of embarking on a Cup run. I'm sure, despite their losses, Fulham and Middlesbrough fans enjoyed their runs to the final more than Bolton and Stoke's supporters enjoyed watching their reserves toil.

I remember most of the Scottish nation would tune in to watch Celtic play in the UEFA Cup back in 2003.

That was something to follow, the passion just came out of everybody, and the heriocs of that team. They even won a couple of rounds without their star man Henrik Larsson, and defeated clubs much better than theirs.

The showed real spirit in that tournament, only to be broken down by FC Porto and Jose Mourinho's tactics.

Also, the first football game I ever went to was the 4th round of the UEFA Cup, Celtic vs Stuttgart. Awesome.

Here is the Transfer Window Journalists' Speculationometer:

CTA.png

I have a serious ethical issue on my hands. Leeds have been linked with Red Bull for a shirt and possible stadium naming deal.
Very worried about what could happen here. A name on the shirt is one thing but would they try change the kits or even the clubs name to something that fits in with their advertising image like FC Red Bull Salzburg

The money would undoubtedly be welcome but at what cost? As with any LUFC rumour I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt but there does seem to be a lot of media outlets reporting this.

My favourite article has to be from my local newspaper though.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....is-given-a-cautious-welcome-by-fans-1-5874978

As well as football, the firm lends its name to extreme sports including mountain biking, BMX, motocross, windsurfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, kayaking, wakeboarding and cliff-diving.

Red Bull’s turnover in 2012 was close to five billion euros.

They also sponsor a Formula 1 motor racing team.

If Leeds end up in Red Bull colours; could be white at home, blue and yellow away. LOL

Just so long as they keep red out of it.

Maybe they'll do a Toro Rosso and translate it to the local language and call it Eeeeeeee, Y'know That Bluddy Energy Drink Crap FC

If Leeds end up with Red in their name or on their shirts there will be a lot of disgruntled Yorkshire folk. We're a bit passionate up here about the hatred of that word and colour and the fans won't take it lying down. The only time red is acceptable on a Leeds shirt is after a hefty tackle causes an injury!

Sadly, the price of admission to the premiership is the sale of "The soul of the club" to the devil of corporate sponsorship.

Just look at the Redbirds in Cardiff.

The Swans are doing slightly better tonight in there Europa league qualifier than then they did last time in Europe, when they lost 8-0 to Monaco in 1991. Also as usual at this time of year all welsh teams that are representing wales in European football this year have all been knocked out. They didn't even last long enough in Europe to get a decent sun tan.

Good result for St. Johnstone again tonight, Motherwell all but out though.

Is it the final play-off round after this qualifying round? Can't be arsed checking myself.

Is it just me, or is the money supposedly being offered by Madrid for Gareth Bale, ridiculously over and above what he's actually worth? No player in the world could live up to reputation of being valued at 100 million pounds or more.

Is it just me, or is the money supposedly being offered by Madrid for Gareth Bale, ridiculously over and above what he's actually worth? No player in the world could live up to reputation of being valued at 100 million pounds or more.

No, it's not just you but unfortunately football is like this now.

If Tottenham are genuinely offered that sort of amount for him then they'll have pulled off the greatest robbery of all time if they finalise the deal.

Slyboogy, I remember being shocked at Andy Cole to Man Utd for 7 Million and Shearer to Newcastle for 15 Million. Before that, a good striker / player went for a couple of million tops. (And I'm sure there are people on here who remember the first million pound player and even before that, though those prices need to be adjusted for inflation today).

Back
Top Bottom